Brake led as turn signals, quad reverse lights

Wong89

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did some things today.
Turn signal delete, and added in a high power led with separate driver for the extra reverse light. Third brake flasher also put in too.

Last edited:

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You got some serious flashing going on for sure. Your back end should get attention. When getting a yearly vehicle inspection will be interesting if the inspector has any issues or not? Not sure of the rules when you modify tail light functionality?

ryan_g

Hasn't posted much yet...
Culver City, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow, those turn signals look fantastic! That’s really how the car should’ve come from factory. By far the most elegant solution I’ve seen to the lack of LED turn signals.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How'd you do that with the turn signals???

Wong89

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You got some serious flashing going on for sure. Your back end should get attention. When getting a yearly vehicle inspection will be interesting if the inspector has any issues or not? Not sure of the rules when you modify tail light functionality?
Fortunately in California, we dont have to do yearly inspections. But, in my opinion, it all appears stock from the outside, I dont think most people would notice.
The third brake can strobe up to 4 times per second, so it is definitely within code as per CA DMV,

Wow, those turn signals look fantastic! That’s really how the car should’ve come from factory. By far the most elegant solution I’ve seen to the lack of LED turn signals.

I agree! I think this should be done on any vehicle with led brakes.

How'd you do that with the turn signals???
You have to cut the brake wire, splice in a module. Cut the turn signal wire, also splice in said module. Splice the turn signal into the reverse light. And wire in a load resistor.

Tail as Turn™ Module, DIY

Wong89

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also, in place of the old turn signals, I have a custom 1156 high powered LED that has a separate driver. It is a very directional bulb. 20200805_161229.jpg
This is what my rearview camera looks like at night now. 20200807_202508.jpg

Last edited:

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Fortunately in California, we dont have to do yearly inspections. But, in my opinion, it all appears stock from the outside, I dont think most people would notice.
The third brake can strobe up to 4 times per second, so it is definitely within code as per CA DMV,

You have to cut the brake wire, splice in a module. Cut the turn signal wire, also splice in said module. Splice the turn signal into the reverse light. And wire in a load resistor.

Duh. I forgot about those. I have it on my wife’s G37

where did you get the 1156 with the drivers.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Ohhh thanks, Wong. I actually had a tail-as-turn module on my G37 but it was completely plug and play, no splicing required. This actually looks like it might be manageable though.

Wong89

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
8 month update. Still going strong, no problems at all.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners