Brake rotors...

Seanrspec

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #1
Does anyone have any idea, or does anyone here have drilled rotors on their Genesis? I have a 2012 r-spec and I want to put drilled and slotted rotors. I am having a heck of a time locating them.

Paul

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I actually just received a set of drilled and slotted rotors tonight that I purchased from a place called R1Concepts. The ones that you will get for that price are off from their "E-Line". I paid $286 and change for a set of front and rears. They don't currently have pads for our cars in stock, so I picked up a set of Powerstop pads for $150 from CarID.com

Their shipping is pretty good, so they get my recommendation for now.

Link to R1 E-Line series: R1 Concepts Performance Brake Parts – Brake Rotors, Brake kits, Brake Pads, Brake Accessories, Rotor Disc

upload_-1.jpg upload_-1.jpg

Paul

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
I was really happy that I found them. The only other place that I found any sort of 'performance' rotors was on CarID at a substantial markup. I was going to just go with OEM replacements, but decided to go with something that would look good behind the new 20" wheels that I bought. ;)

Ambush

Registered Member
I went to BRAKEMOTIVE. I got the front + back + all the brake pads (exact same ones above) for about $179.00 shipped.
I have had 0 zerooooo issues and I have had these installed more than 3+ years. No fade, no shudder no nothing. I get lots of compliments and it really does help stopping better. No squeals or anything from brakes.

Paul

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Just installed the brakes last weekend, but didnt take any pics yet. New wheels should be arriving sometime in the next few days, so I'll be sure to upload some pics. here's a few that my GF snapped as I was working.

upload_-1(8).jpg upload_-1(9).jpg

Paul

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
I went to BRAKEMOTIVE. I got the front + back + all the brake pads (exact same ones above) for about $179.00 shipped.
I have had 0 zerooooo issues and I have had these installed more than 3+ years. No fade, no shudder no nothing. I get lots of compliments and it really does help stopping better. No squeals or anything from brakes.
Thanks for mentioning them. I just ordered a set of F&R brakes for my Lexus from them for $132. ;)

frank4.6

Genesis Model Type
I actually just received a set of drilled and slotted rotors tonight that I purchased from a place called R1Concepts. The ones that you will get for that price are off from their "E-Line". I paid $286 and change for a set of front and rears. They don't currently have pads for our cars in stock, so I picked up a set of Powerstop pads for $150 from CarID.com

Their shipping is pretty good, so they get my recommendation for now.

Link to R1 E-Line series: R1 Concepts Performance Brake Parts – Brake Rotors, Brake kits, Brake Pads, Brake Accessories, Rotor Disc

View attachment 13592 View attachment 13592
how many How many miles do you think this set is good for. Compared to OEM I've been interested in the same setup from Power stop for my 4.6.

Paul

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
If I had to guess, I couldn't see getting less than 30k+ out of the front pads, and probably triple that out of the rears if not more, depending on your driving style. I don't drive my car hard and I was able to get almost 50k out of the oem rotors/pads. In all honesty, the only reason that I even decided to 'upgrade' was because I was getting a bit of a shimmy under braking but didn't trust any of the brake joints around here to resurface the rotors, **(and I wanted a decent looking set of brakes behind my new wheels. ) ;)

shahhere

Getting familiar with the group...
Well here is my experience on the 3.8 2012 Genny.

I have read here and other forums that people were able to get almost 100,000 miles on the OEM brakes? Even half of that is crazy good if that were the case but in my case I am 25,000 miles and the brakes were all at minimum to pass inspection i think 3 in the front and 4 in the back.

I purchased something with drilled and slotted to stop better and purchased "Details about Powerstop Brake Disc and Pad Kits 4-wheel set Front & Rear New K5845" from eBay which were listed for $375 and got it for around $318 after a coupon (15% off).

The backs were straightforward and simple like other disc brakes. The fronts were bit more and needed a bunch of tools that I am glad I had. I had curved pliers which I needed to get the cotter pins from the pins that hold the brake pads in and then I had to use a screwdriver to wedge the pad out a bit and then used a crowbar to compress the brake calipers. I did have some trouble with the rotor screws but using an impact wrench it came out but putting 1 of the screw back in it snapped so I only used 2 screws. Overall relatively straight forward job (I had to do one side again as I did not compress the pistons in far enough and couldn't use the new rotor and the crowbar technique without damaging them).

There is a break in procedure that I followed and so far its not bad but I do hear some faint sound which I hope will go away on its own lol. I haven't bled the brakes and will try doing that later to see if that makes any difference.

I did have to use a wire brush to clean the calipers off and saw huge flaking of the black coating that's on them so will have to keep an eye on that as well.

Shahhere

SlickGeni

Genesis Model Type
I just got my rotors in they are really Nic no chance for install yet but got cross drilled and slotted from r1 concepts . I have 13 gen sedan r spec.400 delivered.

c
Does anyone have any idea, or does anyone here have drilled rotors on their Genesis? I have a 2012 r-spec and I want to put drilled and slotted rotors. I am having a heck of a time locating them.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.