Brakes Break During Lease

Riley2323

Been here awhile...
Connecticut
I hit a portal to China that was in the middle of the road two nights ago. It gave me a flat tire....it was the dreaded teeth clanger type, where your eyes go directly to the dash to wait for the TPMS warning. The warning came. I changed my 3rd tire in as many years.

I was able to get my vehicle in for service yesterday. Learned some interesting tidbits. I am not working so I just took it in myself. The service supervisor said they were authorized, by Genesis I assume, to do brake replacements and also alignment.

I am approaching 36,000 on my 2017 G90 Ultimate 5.0. They have fixed the brakes already, but the guy said that he already made notes and if there were issues or more wear, the car would be authorized after the 36,000.

Also from hitting the pothole, he said there would be concerns about alignment, but that they were authorized again to perform an alignment at no charge.

I ended up having to leave my car overnight. It was making a clicking noise when I applied the brakes on the front passenger wheel. Sounded like an ace of spades in the spokes of a bicycle wheel. They were not able to fix that so they gave me a loaner and told me they would get after it tomorrow. The pitfalls of a 3:15pm appointment.

They said there was a slight bend in the strut, and they couldn’t get the alignment to perfect. I told them if it was noticeable, I would turn the whole incident into insurance and get the strut replaced and include the tire replacement too.

So after my $425 for a new tire, they will fix the brakes if needed and they performed and alignment for free. That damn long hood prevents spotting pot holes in my opinion. You just don’t get the proper angle and I actually never see the damn things, I only feel and hear them.

It must have been determined that the G90 owners deserved a break on the brakes, because well, they break when braking during the life of the lease.

Last edited:

Riley2323

Been here awhile...
Connecticut
If I don’t get a job soon, I will be turning it in early. Otherwise no issues. Still love the car. Not sure yet what I will do in November.

Dealer called and said the strut probably needs to be replaced and maybe a bearing. Turning it into insurance now.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.