Brand New G70 - Bluetooth failed to initialize

Saif2019

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Picked up the 2019 G70 (with 41 miles). Made the payment, signed the paperwork and getting ready to initialize bluetooth...it would not. Now I need to go back to get the hardware replaced. (sad)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
While a pain for sure, not a big deal in the big scheme of things. Would imagine you can get them to order the part, pick it up for service and give you a loaner while working on it since it is brand new.

Saif2019

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Are you using an older phone or some not standard brand?
IPhone X. The bluetooth service itself is failing to initialize on the G70.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ yep...Genesis has a very strict checklist that the dealers need to abide by. I can try to find my copy and post it.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I probably just read too much into his posting but I took it to mean that the problem occurred during delivery. He did all of the paperwork and then was going through the delivery items and the bluetooth wouldn't work. Hopefully we will hear back.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I probably just read too much into his posting but I took it to mean that the problem occurred during delivery. He did all of the paperwork and then was going through the delivery items and the bluetooth wouldn't work. Hopefully we will hear back.
In that case I wouldn't accept the car and would request for another one. Even though the papers were signed, you are still at the dealer during the delivery process so the car is not yet in "your hands" That contract has not been sent to anywhere and could be replaced with a new one and the boken car been reported to Genesis as defective before delivery by the dealer.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
In that case I wouldn't accept the car and would request for another one. Even though the papers were signed, you are still at the dealer during the delivery process so the car is not yet in "your hands" That contract has not been sent to anywhere and could be replaced with a new one and the boken car been reported to Genesis as defective before delivery by the dealer.
I guess it would depend on the state as to whether you could really do that but it is such a minor issue that it would not be worth it in my opinion. If the wheels wouldn't turn or the engine start I could see it, for not being able to pair a phone why go through the hassle of waiting possibly months for another car. Of course it is not my money so I can say that. ;)

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I guess it would depend on the state as to whether you could really do that but it is such a minor issue that it would not be worth it in my opinion. If the wheels wouldn't turn or the engine start I could see it, for not being able to pair a phone why go through the hassle of waiting possibly months for another car. Of course it is not my money so I can say that. ;)
Actually you are right in some way. Almost a month ago I had to drive 27 miles to get my G70 3.3T RWD Prestige in Havana Red with Gray interior because there was none in stock near me. I've been watching the dealer's inventory since then and in a a 50 miles radius there hasn't been another one like mine. If I had to return my car I still would be waiting for one like that.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If it was the car of your dreams, the only one with your favorite color within 1000 miles, has all the equipment you want and delivery for a replacement exactly like it is 6 weeks would you still do that? Or would you let them check it out and fix it?
I would try to fix it with a problem like the OP. A more serious issue in the engine or tranny would deserve the waiting for a new car.

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It was discovered during delivery but I still took the delivery thinking it could just be a software glitch.
Ok, I understand. I guess I would have just left it there and taken a loaner so that I didnt have to delay it getting fixed quicker.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
If they said "we'll fix it first thing tomorrow" I may agree. If they said they would order the part and expect in in a week, I'd be taking home my new car.
Well yeah, that changes things. Would like to hear from the OP if the dealership gave any sort of time frame for the fix.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.