• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
JB4 Features and Benefits

BUY HERE! Now includes fuel wires...

• Power gains of up to 100hp and 100tq to the wheels on a stock vehicle
• Quick Plug & Play Installation
• CANbus integration offering unrivaled tuning features and performance
• Runs as smoothly as stock, this is how your car should have come from the factory
• Compatible with all driving modes
• Fuel economy unchanged during normal driving
• Compatible with JB4 Mobile for smartphone logging, tuning changes, and adjustment
• Ethanol (E85) compatible tuning maps
• Able to read/delete fault codes
• Not VIN locked, can be removed without a trace and resold down the road
• Made in the USA
• 5 year warranty

More information here. This is available for shipping now.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So the RaceChip adds 57 hp and 133 lb-ft of torque. Honestly...I think I would rather have the torque than the hp. This engine already has a lot of hp and fast top speed.

Torque is what pulls from the start and gives you the happy face.

So I think it is the RC for me...for now.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Another thing that is important to me is which one would be easier to install...and remove. I would want to remove it prior to any dealer visits, etc.

From what I have read thus far...the RC has 3 connectors. This one has 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Another thing that is important to me is which one would be easier to install...and remove. I would want to remove it prior to any dealer visits, etc.

From what I have read thus far...the RC has 3 connectors. This one has 2. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, the RaceChip has three connectors. The last time I used a JB it had two - and I believe this one does as well. However, it's simply a matter of unplugging a wire. They're both equally as easy as the other to install and uninstall. One benefit of the JB4 is that you can switch cars, if need be, without having to jump through any hoops with having the serial number unlinked from the VIN it's currently attached to. Though most people are never going to deal with that anyway...

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Quite a few guys in Edmonton on this site, any chance we can do a group buy! :)

And I wouldn't mind hearing from @GenesisYEG as to how Genesis Canada thinks about these...

Depending on his answer I will definitely never buy this...:sneaky:
I'm sure a group buy could be put together. Let me know if anyone is interested...

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Quite a few guys in Edmonton on this site, any chance we can do a group buy! :)

And I wouldn't mind hearing from @GenesisYEG as to how Genesis Canada thinks about these...

Depending on his answer I will definitely never buy this...:sneaky:
Genesis Canada thinks they'd consider denying any powertrain-related warranty claims on cars running tunes.

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yeah, just more reasons not to fool with stuff, in my judgment. That Stinger thread was pretty scary.

If the issues mentioned in the Stinger thread occurred, I think a good mechanic would recognize that those aren't problems (like a fused ring) that occur in an unmodified engine. If they say your warranty is voided, I think the burden of proof would switch to you. They decline service. You need to convince them they shouldn't. That's putting the burden on you. And let's be honest, if that scenario played out, they'd be right.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, just more reasons not to fool with stuff, in my judgment. That Stinger thread was pretty scary.

If the issues mentioned in the Stinger thread occurred, I think a good mechanic would recognize that those aren't problems (like a fused ring) that occur in an unmodified engine. If they say your warranty is voided, I think the burden of proof would switch to you. They decline service. You need to convince them they shouldn't. That's putting the burden on you. And let's be honest, if that scenario played out, they'd be right.
Wrong.

First they have to prove it was tuned. Good luck with a piggyback since nothing physically there if you remove it.

Second...if they can prove a tune...they have to prove it did the damage.

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Wrong.

First they have to prove it was tuned. Good luck with a piggyback since nothing physically there if you remove it.

Second...if they can prove a tune...they have to prove it did the damage.

So, you're saying that if you had one of the problems described in the Stinger thread as a consequence of using a tuning chip, (the situation I referred to in my post), all the burden would fall on them? How do you enforce their need to prove without taking on a burden of some sort? If they simply don't work on your car, the burden is on you to convince or compel them to do the work. You have to do something, like take them to court, to prove that you're entitled to service. And if you go to small claims, their mechanic is likely to be more credible than someone who isn't a mechanic and able to offer pretty convincing evidence if he/she can report damage that wouldn't happen under normal conditions. And the purchase contract may well specify that modifications alone, not consequent damage, is sufficient to void the warranty. I'd be pretty surprised if that weren't the case. Lawyers write these things and are pretty good at anticipating issues that they want to indemnify themselves against. And then, if something happens as a result of a mod, they're actually in the right. They didn't warranty a modified car, they warrantied the car as sold.

I'm not saying that this is the secenario that would routinely happen. It may never happen. But the notion that if it did, they would shoulder all the burden is questionable. People put chips in all the time and I don't think too many instances as I've described actually happen. But that doesn't mean that if they do, the owner can magically compel the dealer to fix the problem without assuming any burden or responsibility. And again, in such a situation, it actually would be the owner's fault, not the dealer's.

Terry @ BMS

AUTHORIZED VENDOR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Last edited:

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Terry @ BMS

AUTHORIZED VENDOR