Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Quick update on my end. FINALLY found a shop that is down to earth and will replace the plugs for under $200. I can live with that. Might even be less. Problem is...he says if they do have to remove the manifold (the long way)...they need to replace the gasket which is $50. The Torx guys didn't replace it...but I guess better safe than sorry? Not sure if anyone here has an opinion. Car is so new...hmmm...dunno.

I am hoping they do the short cut method...or even find a trick of their own. Save myself time and that gasket.

I will be ordering the JB4 and the Denso plugs in the next week. Seems like the JB4 now comes with the fuel wires.

Honestly you really wouldn't have to replace the I/M gasket, but shops have to cover their butts in case a leak developed - and I don't blame them one bit, as most people would sue a car shop at the drop of a hat. (Not saying you're like that, but you know what I mean!)

Either way, looking forward to your updates on it!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Honestly you really wouldn't have to replace the I/M gasket, but shops have to cover their butts in case a leak developed - and I don't blame them one bit, as most people would sue a car shop at the drop of a hat. (Not saying you're like that, but you know what I mean!)

Either way, looking forward to your updates on it!
Yeah...I think it's worth doing. One time thing anyway.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone technical on here?

New plugs in...regapped...and car seems to run great.

But...engine check light is on. I’m still at the shop.

Update: Nevermind...all good. One of the sensors was loose. Phew!

Just got home. Have to do some actual work to pay the bills...then I will be putting the JB4 in :)

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
O...M...F...G. Just put in the JB4. Put it on Map 2 and went for a quick drive. I have never been in a car this fast in my life.

It accelerated so fast...I almost ran into the back of a car that was 200 yards away.

WOW...just wow.

Plugs ended up costing me $135 for the install...could not be happier.

Oh M3'sssssss...where arrrreeee you ?!?!?!!? LOL

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
O...M...F...G. Just put in the JB4. Put it on Map 2 and went for a quick drive. I have never been in a car this fast in my life.

It accelerated so fast...I almost ran into the back of a car that was 200 yards away.

WOW...just wow.

What percentage power increase did you gain?

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

WOW...just wow.

Is the JB4 the only model you have? Do you have oil catch cans? Sounds awsome very interested in this tuner.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yes...no other piggyback tuners. I do not have an oil catch can...not even sure what that is :)
Blow-by is a combination of unburned fuel, exhaust gases, and oil that escapes from around the piston rings during the combustion process and enters the crankcase. This oily vapor is vented out of the crank case via a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve to be re-circulated back into the intake manifold.

From what I read recommended on tuned engines.

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Blow-by is a combination of unburned fuel, exhaust gases, and oil that escapes from around the piston rings during the combustion process and enters the crankcase. This oily vapor is vented out of the crank case via a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve to be re-circulated back into the intake manifold.

From what I read recommended on tuned engines.
I can agree to everything you said. I tuned my last car and ran it 70k miles with no issues and no catch can. However when I pulled the intake off you could see a puddle of oil sitting right by the intake to my turbo. I think I could have gotten lucky or it could be one of those things that wouldn’t really affect you until 80k plus miles or something. I feel like it’s more insurance than anything

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I can agree to everything you said. I tuned my last car and ran it 70k miles with no issues and no catch can. However when I pulled the intake off you could see a puddle of oil sitting right by the intake to my turbo. I think I could have gotten lucky or it could be one of those things that wouldn’t really affect you until 80k plus miles or something. I feel like it’s more insurance than anything
It will be my first mod, just unsure which one. BMS is releasing one very soon I believe. Is BMS on the forum?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.