Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone technical on here?

New plugs in...regapped...and car seems to run great.

But...engine check light is on. I’m still at the shop.

Update: Nevermind...all good. One of the sensors was loose. Phew!

Just got home. Have to do some actual work to pay the bills...then I will be putting the JB4 in :)

Which method did they do to install the plugs? Remove the intake manifold?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Blow-by is a combination of unburned fuel, exhaust gases, and oil that escapes from around the piston rings during the combustion process and enters the crankcase. This oily vapor is vented out of the crank case via a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve to be re-circulated back into the intake manifold.

From what I read recommended on tuned engines.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am eyeing these nice and hidden. The only problem is slightly harder to drain, on the other hand shouldn't have to drain but once or twice a year. Tork also has several videos on youtube

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am eyeing these nice and hidden. The only problem is slightly harder to drain, on the other hand shouldn't have to drain but once or twice a year. Tork also has several videos on youtube
[/URL][/URL]
Agreed, a bit more difficult to drain. Also agree with the Shark racing catch can being way too expensive.

As of right now I'm looking at the Mishimoto compact catch can. I need to poke around in the engine bay first, but so far it looks like the way to go. I've used their products in the past and have had good success. I like their internal design with this specific can. I'll post updates once I have the time (this weekend hopefully).

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So the BMS person I emailed mentioned that 1 PSI = 10 whp. But how does that equate to torque?
Anyone know?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On Map 5 with ~30% of E85+92 octane the rest of the tank. The tank was full of fuel at the time doing pulls.
I'll put my summer wheels next week and try again with less than 1/4 of tank.

0-60 in 4.68sec.
Damn!!! With fuel wires...right?

That’s about an 8/10th of a second improvement...right?

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Kamauxx

Registered Member
Yeah, pretty much it. I didn't expect to shave up more than than, unless you want to get some aftermarket parts, CAI, exhaust and a few more things, then you'd get down to ~4.3 sec. I'm talking about G80, not G70. Anyways... the car is heavy, not easy to launch but still quick as F! I'm happy, lol

So Beefer....I'm confident to say, you'd be at ~3.9 sec. with launch control.
For reference, here's what's possible with various mods and JB4. (Stingers weigh in between 3620-4000lbs, depending on trim and drivetrain).

Screenshot_2019-03-17-06-20-06~2.png

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For reference, here's what's possible with various mods and JB4. (Stingers weigh in between 3620-4000lbs, depending on trim and drivetrain).

View attachment 18601
Sounds right...G70 will be 0.2 quicker I believe.

I’m at 4.0 seconds with Map 2 and 93 octane. I haven’t even done the Fuel Wires. I probably won’t either. More than happy 😃

Kamauxx

Registered Member
Sounds right...G70 will be 0.2 quicker I believe.

I’m at 4.0 seconds with Map 2 and 93 octane. I haven’t even done the Fuel Wires. I probably won’t either. More than happy 😃
Don't rely on OBDII monitors/JB4 for 0-60 & 1/4 mile time. They aren't accurate at all. Terry recommends Dragy because he says the JB4 doesn't accurately measure 0-60 time. Dragy is GPS based and invalidates runs on down slopes greater than 1%. I've seen posts from Stinger owners in the low 3s with OBDII apps, but everyone knows they're bogus.

Are you planning on any intake/exhaust mods? Mid-pipe and intakes will probably get you to low 4s/high 3s.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don't rely on OBDII monitors/JB4 for 0-60 & 1/4 mile time. They aren't accurate at all. Terry recommends Dragy because he says the JB4 doesn't accurately measure 0-60 time. Dragy is GPS based and invalidates runs on down slopes greater than 1%. I've seen posts from Stinger owners in the low 3s with OBDII apps, but everyone knows they're bogus.

Are you planning on any intake/exhaust mods? Mid-pipe and intakes will probably get you to low 4s/high 3s.
Actually not true. The JB4 app used to be bad...and it was pulled by the dev. It has just recently been put back.

As for slope...I see that...but my runs have been flat.

No more mods...I’m happy. Perhaps the fuel wires.dunno. I already know I got 4.4-4.5 stock in my comparisons. It’s more than obvious that I’ve shed half a second. If I desire more...I’ll run Map 3 or 5 with the E85 blend...but it’s a PITA.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.