Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve got the 3.3.

One of the guys at the dealer I bought my G70 from drove a G80 Sport with the 3.3T. This is out where it’s REALLY hot in the summer (Palm Springs area), and he cracked one of his stock spark plugs. I’m on the coastal area of the state, so cooler... but do drive to where it can be toasty warm. I’m just hoping to avoid any issues.
Was he driving at the redline the whole time?
Takes a lot of constant heat to crack plugs especially when in stock form!
Colder plugs are great if you're driving aggressively a lot. But if you're a low rpm driver, they foul easier!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ditto here - just bought (and received) the JB4. I don’t know how to tell if the fuel wires are integrated or not... anyone know how to determine this, or do I have to open the box and check wiring?

I purchased the Denso plugs from Burger Tuning also, so I’ll gap those and have them at the ready for the 600 mile oil change where I’ll change the plugs also.
You would see 2 thin wires coming out of the JB4. One short and one long.

Kamauxx

Registered Member
Ditto here - just bought (and received) the JB4. I don’t know how to tell if the fuel wires are integrated or not... anyone know how to determine this, or do I have to open the box and check wiring?

I purchased the Denso plugs from Burger Tuning also, so I’ll gap those and have them at the ready for the 600 mile oil change where I’ll change the plugs also.
The fuel wires aren't integrated into the other two wiring connectors. To install them you have to tap into two different locations in the wiring harness.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The fuel wires aren't integrated into the other two wiring connectors. To install them you have to tap into two different locations in the wiring harness.
That’s not what he meant...I think.

Before...Fuel Wires was a separate $30 purchase which you had to install the 2 wires into the JB4.

The JB4 now comes with the 2 wires pre-attached and the housing is now metal (plastic before). It’s also $30 more expensive than before.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks Kamauxx and Beefer. Since I’m in California, I had to find a seller of a JB4 out of state. My new JB4 is still the plastic cased unit without the fuel wires. I guess I should feel lucky to be able to get one at all. I’ll call Burger Motorsports on Monday to order the fuel wires. (I don’t think the sale of that is restricted in this state...)

Samy

Registered Member
Thanks Kamauxx and Beefer. Since I’m in California, I had to find a seller of a JB4 out of state. My new JB4 is still the plastic cased unit without the fuel wires. I guess I should feel lucky to be able to get one at all. I’ll call Burger Motorsports on Monday to order the fuel wires. (I don’t think the sale of that is restricted in this state...)
Do you really need the fuel wire? And if yes, what is the purpose? Thank you,

jailer

Been here awhile...
Colder plugs are great if you're driving aggressively a lot. But if you're a low rpm driver, they foul easier!
Yeah and I wonder if one might of been over torqued and it eventually gave way.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you really need the fuel wire? And if yes, what is the purpose? Thank you,
Samy, as I understand it, even with the tune, there’s power at the top end of the power band that is “left on the table” as the engine is running richer than it needs to be. With the fuel wires, there’s the ability to lean the fuel mixture slightly, inceasing power. But that’s my understanding of the fuel wire. Hopefully someone can correct me if I’m incorrect in my understanding.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you paid $479 for just the unit, you should return it and get someone out of state to buy it for you.
The bullet case and the fuel wires are worth the new price.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m not sure why the G80 driver had an issue. I suspect that a combination of the Palm Desert heat (120 degrees plus) and maybe some spirited driving may have led to the problem. But this is a guess as he shared with me that he had a spark plug problem take care of by his service department, but he didn’t go further into the root cause.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you paid $479 for just the unit, you should return it and get someone out of state to buy it for you.
The bullet case and the fuel wires are worth the new price.
The billet case with already installed fuel wires sounds awesome!

The silly thing is that Burger Motorsports is 40 minutes from my mom’s house (almost 2 hours from my house) and I could easily drive there and get all that I need. So I’m at the mercy of whomever is selling it (and willing to sell) to California residents. Not all sellers will sell to a California resident... or at least, will not ship here.

No big deal... it’s a few extra bucks, but good to have a unit in hand.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The billet case with already installed fuel wires sounds awesome!

The silly thing is that Burger Motorsports is 40 minutes from my mom’s house (almost 2 hours from my house) and I could easily drive there and get all that I need. So I’m at the mercy of whomever is selling it (and willing to sell) to California residents. Not all sellers will sell to a California resident... or at least, will not ship here.

No big deal... it’s a few extra bucks, but good to have a unit in hand.

I can buy a new one for you and ship it to you if you want. Either way, let me know!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My only reservation with the JB4 are the fuel wires. I don't like the fact that they use posi tap as a solution to attach them... I'd rather they have an in-between plug, like the OBDII plug, so that way when removed there is no trace left behind and it wouldn't compromise the stock harness.

I emailed BMS and they said they have no plans to change the posi tap solution.

I just worry that years down the road you could get some corrosion with those wires. And if dealers are smart enough they could see the imprint and hole in the stock wires you tapped into.

I still may use JB4 even so, but if I do I wouldn't use the fuel wires as they stand right now.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My only reservation with the JB4 are the fuel wires. I don't like the fact that they use posi tap as a solution to attach them... I'd rather they have an in-between plug, like the OBDII plug, so that way when removed there is no trace left behind and it wouldn't compromise the stock harness.

I just worry that years down the road you could get some corrosion with those wires. And if dealers are smart enough they could see the imprint and hole in the stock wires you tapped into.

I still may use JB4 even so, but if I do I wouldn't use the fuel wires as they stand right now.
Hopefully someone comes out with an extender/coupler cable even if it is only 2 inches of wire.
The fuel wire helps at higher rpm. So if you are not redlining often, you can forgo it especially on Map1 and 2.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

It’s fine. It’s covered by a sleeve so when removed nobody can see. Zero issue there...they have absolutely no reason to ever pull the sleeve back.

When replacing it...easy to “tap” in the identical spot.