Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl
Ok...spring is coming, summer wheels/tires are on. I decided to run a few 0-60 to see if I can get better results than before.

I still have more than half tank of fuel, but it's getting better (should I say lower? LOL). Map 5, ~30% E85+92 octane pump gas.

Ladies and gentlemen! we have a winner! 0-60 in 4.42 sec. :alright::applause::spoton:

I did 4.4 seconds stock.

12.6 @ 109 stock as well.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hot damn, way too expensive!

Anyway, the reason I'm complaining here is in hopes that more American companies start producing more parts for the G70. Honestly, I'm almost considering getting in touch with a few tuning companies to offer up my car to see if they can custom fab a turbo exhaust manifold + downpipe combo so I can bolt up some GT2560R's, then maybe they could make it into a kit or something.
I used to order my pedal and other accessories through Madness Autoworks when I had my Alfa. I recently emailed the guy and asked about wheel spacers that will make the tires/wheels sit flush with the fender. He told me to just measure the distance from the fender to the tire using a plumb bob, send him the measurement and he will get them. . He also said they could make the GO PEDAL for the G70 as well if I send him a pic of the throttle pedal. They are easy to work with and will essentially try to to make or get anything you ask them for regarding the G70. I bet if you email them, they may be able to ge them for you or make them for the G70. They sell a tons of stuff for the Alfa’s so if more people email them reference the G70, they hopefully will get on board with the same amount of stuff for the G70.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I used to order my pedal and other accessories through Madness Autoworks when I had my Alfa. I recently emailed the guy and asked about wheel spacers that will make the tires/wheels sit flush with the fender. He told me to just measure the distance from the fender to the tire using a plumb bob, send him the measurement and he will get them. . He also said they could make the GO PEDAL for the G70 as well if I send him a pic of the throttle pedal. They are easy to work with and will essentially try to to make or get anything you ask them for regarding the G70. I bet if you email them, they may be able to ge them for you or make them for the G70. They sell a tons of stuff for the Alfa’s so if more people email them reference the G70, they hopefully will get on board with the same amount of stuff for the G70.

Nice, thanks for that info. I'll send them an email and keep my fingers crossed!

Adam85

Hasn't posted much yet...
Anyone here running a g70 3.3T sport RWD with JB4?
I'm wondering how well the cars with a tune hook off the line with the stock 255 MPS4 tires?
I'm loosely considering a JB4 but don't wanna drop the money if its just going to make the car a tire fryer.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ I have the AWD and running Map 3 (99 octane). But regardless of RWD or AWD...the LC limits you to 2,200 RPM on launch. Trust me...no tires are being shredded. No chirps either. The car is simply protecting itself.

But after the first few feet...it's unreal.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hello all, I am not ready to purchase the JB4 yet. If I wanted to change my plugs now to prepare for when I do get one is there any I'll effect?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ nope...colder running plug...better regardless. Car should have come with them from the factory.
Only if you're an aggressive driver. Colder plugs foul easier. But yeah if you're gonna get a JB4, might as well change them especially with the V6 since it is such a pain in the ass to get to!

Torqued

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you are on the fence about getting the JB4.....Get off and BUY IT NOW! I just did the plug swap (Denso .022 from BM), and am only running map 2, WITHOUT the fuel wires currently (I dropped one of the wire taps and had to order more), and the car is already a freggin beast. The fuel wires supposedly add up to 60hp in various points on the HP curve (not peak), which should make a very noticeable difference as well. Adding race gas or E85 on map 3 and 5 must be unreal and this is on a 100% stock car. Throw an intake and downpipes, and this thing is going to really hurt some feelings :).

The JB4 is bar none the most economical HP/$$ mod I have ever done.

Torqued

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was quoting this part from Terry's Post, so unless he made an error in this post....

"Here are where things got interesting. I turned on the new JB4 fuel control to lean the air/fuel ratio out at higher RPM, and immediately power shot up. See comparison dynos below but going from 10:1 to 11:1 resulted in gains of ~60whp in certain areas! Crazy!"