• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was quoting this part from Terry's Post, so unless he made an error in this post....

"Here are where things got interesting. I turned on the new JB4 fuel control to lean the air/fuel ratio out at higher RPM, and immediately power shot up. See comparison dynos below but going from 10:1 to 11:1 resulted in gains of ~60whp in certain areas! Crazy!"
Yeah, looks like everything above 5250rpm shows a significant increase in power. The engine still peaks at the same range as before, but with it leaned out (keep in mind that 11:1 isn't very lean at all, just leaner than 10:1!) there is a big improvement in that I bet it feels like it continues to pull hard up until redline, instead of it running out of breath like it does now after about 5k rpms. This is very nice and would make a nice difference in 1/4 times.

I just hate those posi-taps. I want to see if I can rig up my own OEM harness plugs to utilize the fuel wires without damaging the factory harness (even though positap is still much less damaging than soldering). It's not necessary, but I'm just OCD like that.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
And I'm willing to pay $10 max or a crisp high-five ;)

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'd take one too!!

I just hate those posi-taps. I want to see if I can rig up my own OEM harness plugs to utilize the fuel wires without damaging the factory harness (even though positap is still much less damaging than soldering). It's not necessary, but I'm just OCD like that.
[/QUOTE]

Sunny619

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys,

Will try to check in on this forum from time to time to answer questions as they come up! We're all excited about the new G70 platform. :)

In terms of the JB4 what it offers that no other tuning system currently offers for the platform is CANbus integration. Meaning the JB4 is able to read and see every piece of information the ECU has. That gives us the ability to add in some unique features. Just a few off the top of my head:

1) User adjustable boost by gear to lower boost in lower gears for increased traction.
2) The tuning is able to take in and utilize much more information for its tuning integration including pedal position, engine temperature, throttle position, performance mode, gear, intake temperature, etc, etc.
3) More advanced safety systems with the JB4 monitoring AFR, fuel trims, knock, full time in the background, and reverting to a safety map if something looks out of spec for the map.
4) Full datalogging and diagnostics to your phone. See video below.
5) The JB4 has a lot of extra inputs/outputs allowing us to add things like direct fuel control, water meth integration, and more, as we further explore higher power levels with the platform.

In terms of the warranty stuff we always advise customers that if you break something by running it at higher than factory power levels YOU should pay for it. But that said with the JB4 in place we expect a very high level of reliability with the platform, and the JB4 system itself is diagnostically invisible and installs/removes in minutes. Since it has CANbus it's able to clear all codes and freeze frame data out of the ECU when needed.

Ok so JB4 and spark plugs, would other upgrades help ie: air intake, exhaust, headers?

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Have you installed this yet? I am desperate for 2.0t feedback as I can't find it ANYWHERE.

1. I guess for now I'm just regapping the stock plugs because I don't plan on going above Map 2 @ 93 octane.

2. Also - I don't see anything about fuel wires for the 2.0t on the JB4 site... Is there no fuel wires to run for the 2.0t?

3. Is the $140 mobile connect kit worth the money? What's the alternative a wire running from your obd2 to your cell phone?

Any advice or thoughts from anyone is welcome!

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Have you installed this yet? I am desperate for 2.0t feedback as I can't find it ANYWHERE.

1. I guess for now I'm just regapping the stock plugs because I don't plan on going above Map 2 @ 93 octane.

2. Also - I don't see anything about fuel wires for the 2.0t on the JB4 site... Is there no fuel wires to run for the 2.0t?

3. Is the $140 mobile connect kit worth the money? What's the alternative a wire running from your obd2 to your cell phone?

Regapping the stock plugs should be fine.

Fuel wires are now included with the JB4.

Without mobile connect, the alternative would be a data cable that you hook up to a laptop/notebook computer...

I have the JB4s ready to ship in the forum store: Genesis JB4 - Genesis Owners

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

You only use the long fuel wire for the 2L. If you don't want to keep tweaking settings, just get the cable. The BT kit is convenient but the app isn't free.

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi all. I've been lurking on here forever, and I finally decided to post something.

For those of us looking for something other than a Posi-Tap for the O2 sensor, how about something like:

Would something like this work for us? (I'm pretty sure this is for an older Hyundai and won't fit our cars)

I'm planning on getting a JB4 as well, but like others, I want a "cleaner" installation. Basically, I'm thinking of simply doing the Posi-Tap into this extension harness, and then plugging it in-line to the O2 sensor. No factory wires harmed.

If not this, then I'm sure there are Hyundai O2 plugs, both male and female available that we could use to build our own. Let's see what we can find.

Last edited:

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Can this place make them?? If someone can get pictures of the male/female ends of what the pigtail needed to look like I'm pretty sure this place can custom make them.

Products Archive - Find Pigtails

Hi all. I've been lurking on here forever, and I finally decided to post something.

For those of us looking for something other than a Posi-Tap for the O2 sensor, how about something like:

[/URL][/URL]

Would something like this work for us? (I'm pretty sure this is for an older Hyundai and won't fit our cars)

I'm planning on getting a JB4 as well, but like others, I want a "cleaner" installation. Basically, I'm thinking of simply doing the Posi-Tap into this extension harness, and then plugging it in-line to the O2 sensor. No factory wires harmed.

If not this, then I'm sure there are Hyundai O2 plugs, both male and female available that we could use to build our own. Let's see what we can find.

Last edited:

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Can this place make them?? If someone can get pictures of the male/female ends of what the pigtail needed to look like I'm pretty sure this place can custom make them.

Products Archive - Find Pigtails
Here's the harness side. I think the O2 side is different.

It's also looking like this site is asking about $75 per end. We'd need 4. $300 is a non-starter.

Attachments

Last edited:

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Attachments

Last edited:
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums