Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I emailed Terry as well...

If we can verify the connector types, I honestly think they can be purchased on eBay for under $15-20ea.

Since there is a coupler between the existing O2 sensor and main wiring harness I doubt it matters if the fuel wire is tapped into a pigtail before or after the coupler correct?

^ I posted a thread for Terry over on the BMS forum...asking him if they could provide this for us. An inline plug where the fuel wire connects to. Time to make the JB4 fully sexy...not this Posi-Tap afterthought (makes sense for initial trial, etc).

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Per your above, sounds like we need to unplug both ends and get some pictures...get on that :)

Some pics borrowed from Ebay...

This looks close?
12" LSU4.9 WBO2 Bosch Wideband O2 Sensor Extension Harness Cable LSU 4.9 AEM AFR | eBay

Bosch LSU 4.9 Wideband O2 Sensor 6" extension harness Kit AEM MoTeC | eBay
Yes, those EBay extension cables look about right. Can't really tell for sure unless we try one, I guess. I'll see if I can get some more/better pics of what we're working with on the G70 O2 cabling.

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ no...it just has to make contact with the red wire (on each of the 2 left and right harnesses...aka short and long wires).
I think you can tap into the white wires on the O2 sensor side of the coupler, too. That'll give us some flexibility on what we'll need to build.

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok, I took a closer look and there actually is no coupler. The O2 sensor plug is just very long and convoluted. That plug also slides into a metal flange that holds things in place, making it look like the O2 sensor plugs into some sort of coupler. So, the extensions trdehmer found (or something like them) may be our best bet.

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here is what I found....

The coupler is built into the O2 sensor (which mounts to a bracket). You cannot disconnect the O2 sensor from the "coupler".

The O2 sensor has 5 wires:
  • Top of plug has three wires, from left to right, yellow/grey/black
  • Bottom of plug has two wires, from left to right, red/white

The OEM wire harness has 6 wires. So I’m not sure how the O2 sensor goes from 5 wires to 6? You can see on the O2 sensor plug on the bottom/right there is an area filled in (“blank” area) where no wire can go - but on the OEM wire harness there is a wire in that location? Could that black wire at the top, or white wire to the left of that “blank” spot also be feeding the OEM wire harness a signal?
  • 1 = O2 sensor plugged into OEM wire harness.
  • 2 = Female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor.
  • 3 = Male end of OEM wire harness that plugs into O2 sensor coupler.
  • 4 = Female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor.
  • 5 = Top view of female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor (3 wires on top).
  • 6 = Bottom view of female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor (2 wires on bottom).
  • 7 = Top view at an angle of female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor showing the top 3 wires.
  • 8 = Descriptive photo labeling the top 3 wires.
  • 9 = Left side view of O2 sensor wires into plug.
  • 10 = Photo showing the OEM wire harness that plugs into the O2 sensor coupler (6 wires).

Thoughts?

Attachments

Samy

Registered Member
What Potter upgrade have you done to prepare for JB4?
I've been thinking of installing an after market shift knob, but I did not get an answer on how to remove the whole shift boot. The Hyundai tech told me to pull on the shift knob.

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here is what I found....

The coupler is built into the O2 sensor (which mounts to a bracket). You cannot disconnect the O2 sensor from the "coupler".

The O2 sensor has 5 wires:
  • Top of plug has three wires, from left to right, yellow/grey/black
  • Bottom of plug has two wires, from left to right, red/white

The OEM wire harness has 6 wires. So I’m not sure how the O2 sensor goes from 5 wires to 6? You can see on the O2 sensor plug on the bottom/right there is an area filled in (“blank” area) where no wire can go - but on the OEM wire harness there is a wire in that location? Could that black wire at the top, or white wire to the left of that “blank” spot also be feeding the OEM wire harness a signal?
  • 1 = O2 sensor plugged into OEM wire harness.
  • 2 = Female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor.
  • 3 = Male end of OEM wire harness that plugs into O2 sensor coupler.
  • 4 = Female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor.
  • 5 = Top view of female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor (3 wires on top).
  • 6 = Bottom view of female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor (2 wires on bottom).
  • 7 = Top view at an angle of female end of coupler that is part of the O2 sensor showing the top 3 wires.
  • 8 = Descriptive photo labeling the top 3 wires.
  • 9 = Left side view of O2 sensor wires into plug.
  • 10 = Photo showing the OEM wire harness that plugs into the O2 sensor coupler (6 wires).

Thoughts?
Over on the Stinger forum, there is the same discussion going on:

It looks like they may have a solution, and @Terry @ BMS is considering building them if there is demand. (There is demand. Just look at the previous couple of pages here.)

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Over on the Stinger forum, there is the same discussion going on:

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

It looks like they may have a solution, and Terry is considering building them if there is demand.

OMG - this is amazing. Outstanding find, thank you!!

Edit: to make things easy, essentially all you need are two of these...

12" LSU 4.9 Bosch NTK Air Fuel O2 Sensor Extension Harness Cable LSU4.9 AEM AFR | eBay

Then just splice/solder in the fuel wires to the corresponding wire on the extension harness and you've got a fully plug n play setup!

And here I was trying to source the plugs themselves from Hyundai/Kia and didn't even think about looking at the O2 sensor's other applications, and the availability of existing extension harnesses. 😬

Edit: just ordered!

Last edited:

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
OMG - this is amazing. Outstanding find, thank you!!

Edit: to make things easy, essentially all you need are two of these...

12" LSU 4.9 Bosch NTK Air Fuel O2 Sensor Extension Harness Cable LSU4.9 AEM AFR | eBay

Then just splice/solder in the fuel wires to the corresponding wire on the extension harness and you've got a fully plug n play setup!

And here I was trying to source the plugs themselves from Hyundai/Kia and didn't even think about looking at the O2 sensor's other applications, and the availability of existing extension harnesses. 😬

Edit: just ordered!
BIG thanks for being the guinea pig! Please let us know how it turns out.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Of course. I'll test the extensions out by themselves, then I'll install the JB4 with them spliced. I'll post my results.
Awesome thanks a bunch for this. I have zero intention of splicing the wiring on my car during the warranty period, a plug and play solution is infinitely preferable for ease of removal and clean installation.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Of course. I'll test the extensions out by themselves, then I'll install the JB4 with them spliced. I'll post my results.
Thanks Toddasaurus! I too was looking at the Bosch 4.9 LSU connectors, but didn’t see this extension. (I was looking at the ends to make a pass-through connector). But glad this option exists. It should work just fine as it’s a straight pass-throug, meaning that it doesn’t switch any wires. I’ve ordered a pair myself to try out. I don’t mind the extra length as you can always coil and zip-tie, or cut and solder if it really needs to be shorter.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Calgaryg70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Fuel Wire Connector Group Buy

Alright folks...I have a Group Buy going for the custom harness to connect our 2 fuel wires without Posi-Taps. This is for 3.3T engine.

Please go to this thread and read my first post. All details there.

[/URL]
Hi Beefer, I don't have the car yet and just ordering the JB4 for it but I figured that I should just get in to get this plug & play setup for when I need my car serviced.

I'm not a member of that N54 forum but please add me on to the list and let me know once you guys are ready to proceed.

Thanks
Pat