• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you didn't have to touch the plugs I might buy it just to try since it is relatively cheap. But the warranty is a big plus for me to know I don't have to worry about anything for 100,000km. I wouldn't want to do anything to chance losing that.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I
If you didn't have to touch the plugs I might buy it just to try since it is relatively cheap. But the warranty is a big plus for me to know I don't have to worry about anything for 100,000km. I wouldn't want to do anything to chance losing that.
I agree with you, this car has tons of power and feels very quick, i would love a rocket ship but i am not voiding warranty or risking something happening and then trying to xon the dealership saying it was not modified

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
For me, I think the potential negatives outweigh any positives. If I decide I want a rocket, I'll just go with the Mustang. But I think the G70 will be quick enough to suit me. The question is, will I ever get a chance to actually drive one this year. I think I may start sniffing out what sorts of deals are available on some alternatives as their model year end rolls around.

kmooney4

Registered Member
Maryland, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
For me, I think the potential negatives outweigh any positives. If I decide I want a rocket, I'll just go with the Mustang. But I think the G70 will be quick enough to suit me. The question is, will I ever get a chance to actually drive one this year. I think I may start sniffing out what sorts of deals are available on some alternatives as their model year end rolls around.
some awesome steals available on G80 Sports.....

Terry @ BMS

AUTHORIZED VENDOR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

ballistic

But I thought the Stinger already did 4.7. So you are better by only 0.2 seconds?

With all those crazy gains...I would have thought at least 0.5 seconds better.
the best 0-60 run so far is 4.4 seconds on a stock stinger. but there's more to it then just the numbers. if terry's previous best was 5.0, then 4.5 would be that .5 second improvement. he's not out there all day trying to get the best times, just trying to gauge what the tune is doing.

but yes the real question here is how much difference the tune is making. if it's making a lot more power, expect better times. i'm going to guess that most of us won't get great times without a lot of practice.

Terry @ BMS

AUTHORIZED VENDOR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander