• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I might go get some 114 or 110 and give it a try. Right now I only have bms intake and secondary cat deletes on the car so hopefully that’s enough for it to not run like shit lol

Whitelightning

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To bad it’s not specific on what bolt ons are recommended. I have intake and secondary cat deletes
You may be ok with both sets of cats deleted. Exhaust should flow significantly better with that done alone.

***edit***. Just realized that you said you only have secondary cats deleted. That may not be enough.

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To bad it’s not specific on what bolt ons are recommended. I have intake and secondary cat deletes
True, i have intakes and a catback exhaust, I’d guess that you’d need a turbo back exhaust and intakes, primarily things the turbo needs to operate optimally

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You may be ok with both sets of cats deleted. Exhaust should flow significantly better with that done alone.

***edit***. Just realized that you said you only have secondary cats deleted. That may not be enough.
I probably won’t be deleting the primaries until my 3 years of free oil changes are up since the car basically goes in every 3 mo this. In Vegas genesis considers this harsh driving conditions so I was told every 3000 miles or 3 months to bring it in which ever comes first. Makes it difficult to refrain frol
Fully bolting the car

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I went ahead and emailed burger motorsports to be safe. They are saying fuel is the most important item. Said my car will be fine with current mods. If I end up getting some 110 octane and trying it out I’ll post a little experience about it. But might wait for a cat back system first to help a little more

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I went ahead and emailed burger motorsports to be safe. They are saying fuel is the most important item. Said my car will be fine with current mods. If I end up getting some 110 octane and trying it out I’ll post a little experience about it. But might wait for a cat back system first to help a little more
Do downpipes before a cat-back, more significant difference. Cat-back is mainly for sound, the stock downpipes are the biggest “bottleneck” of the entire exhaust system from what I've heard. Personally I have the JUN BL racing cat-back exhaust and sounds amazing, not raspy like in the youtube video, and slightly noticeable performance gain.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do downpipes before a cat-back, more significant difference. Cat-back is mainly for sound, the stock downpipes are the biggest “bottleneck” of the entire exhaust system from what I've heard. Personally I have the JUN BL racing cat-back exhaust and sounds amazing, not raspy like in the youtube video, and slightly noticeable performance gain.
Did you get the gt version cat back?

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I loved the start up sound and low rpm sound of the gt but in the video high rpm sounded extremely raspy so I immediately threw that option out lol

Last edited:

matpal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sorry for the late response but to answer your question, I was deciding between the GT and the RACING... I was afraid the GT would not be loud enough for me so I went with the racing version, no regrets so far. sounds amazing
So probably a stupid question, but if you have the 3.3, how did you mod the quad exhaust into a dual tip like the G70 has?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums