• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Alright, that's the answer I needed. Leaving the OBD cable in isn't a deal-breaker, just wanted to know.
Do what I did. Leave the OBDII cable in. When removing the JB4...hide the inside connector which is easy to do. Hide the engine bay connector as well...which is not as easy.

If they find the cable...you simply say it is for a tracking device for when your teen child drives the car...and you want to hide it. They cannot say a word.

SVTong

Registered Member
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do what I did. Leave the OBDII cable in. When removing the JB4...hide the inside connector which is easy to do. Hide the engine bay connector as well...which is not as easy.

If they find the cable...you simply say it is for a tracking device for when your teen child drives the car...and you want to hide it. They cannot say a word.
Yeah, that's likely the way I'll go. Not perfect, but not the end of the world.

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How many gallons of E85 do I put in if I want to try map 3 and map 5? Also I read that putting in E85 can damage the fuel pumps and other parts of the engine and whatnot, is that true?

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How many gallons of E85 do I put in if I want to try map 3 and map 5? Also I read that putting in E85 can damage the fuel pumps and other parts of the engine and whatnot, is that true?
Start with 4 gallons and top off the rest with 91 or 93 That will be a little below a 30 percent mix of e85. And what I did was put the car on map3 when I fueled up. The waiting till I used 1/8 of a tank before I started dropping the hammer

Messana

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m in the same boat with making removal easy for visits to the dealer so I got a couple questions for you guys with the jb4.

With map 1, how fast could you take everything off with no wires or anything remaining?

With map 2, same question.

And is the difference between 1 and 2 that much? We talking about 1-2 tenths or like 5 tenths?

I feel like my car is pretty fast, significantly faster then my last daily that went 13.5s consistently. Need to go lay down some baseline numbers one of these weekends when I got time.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

FlooF!

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is there or will there be a map for fuel savings? I know most of you guys will be gunning it most of the time, but it would be nice to set a mode that's just for cruising around town and long highway trips.

FastEddie

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is there or will there be a map for fuel savings? I know most of you guys will be gunning it most of the time, but it would be nice to set a mode that's just for cruising around town and long highway trips.
Yea it’s called valet mode. Half the stock boost so you really can’t go quick hence less fuel.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The car has Eco mode.

FlooF!

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes, that is true, but I was hoping for something more..... IDK, just trying to optimize the best way possible. But map4 does sound promising after reading about it.

See... even though I am the bread winner in my relationship, anything I can do to justify to my wife that the extra $1,000 I spent on tuning is not a waste of money and it has a legit purpose. ;)

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes, that is true, but I was hoping for something more..... IDK, just trying to optimize the best way possible. But map4 does sound promising after reading about it.

See... even though I am the bread winner in my relationship, anything I can do to justify to my wife that the extra $1,000 I spent on tuning is not a waste of money and it has a legit purpose. ;)
Good luck my friend.

FlooF!

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, I must say that the JB4 and BMS intakes are awesome! TBH when I first did the intakes I was a little concerned about them kinda just loosely wiggling around, but after putting back on the strut braces, it pushed them in tight.

Linked is a video of my first launch control in map2. 0-60 ~4.6s

Also attached is a screen shot of the IAT at 136F after my run, is this high or normal?
Ambient temperature was 82F, pretty much sea level and Humidity was probably close to 100% as it was still drizzling. (Central Florida)

Edit: Ignore it says map 0, I put it back for my normal driving before I took the screenshot

Attachments

Last edited:

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, I must say that the JB4 and BMS intakes are awesome! TBH when I first did the intakes I was a little concerned about them kinda just loosely wiggling around, but after putting back on the strut braces, it pushed them in tight.

Linked is a video of my first launch control in map2.

Also attached is a screen shot of the IAT at 136F after my run, is this high or normal?
Ambient temperature was 82F, pretty much sea level and Humidity was probably close to 100% as it was still drizzling. (Central Florida)
Fairly normal temp, as the intakes get alot of the engine heat. Looks good in comparison to my experience. Send a log going full throttle for about 4 seconds.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums