Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
IF anyone chooses to buy a tuner that is their choice. BUT do not post anywhere online in a forum or anywhere else that you did. If you think Genesis does not watch and note the forums then you are definitely living in the past. I know this for a fact, the company I recently retired from has a complete team that does nothing but monitor Facebook, Instagram and forums etc by brand and catalog data to be used in defense of there product. Do a Track day and post it anywhere and you take the chance of loosing your car insurance and the warranty on the car. And for those of you who finance or lease your car if you loose your insurance for any reason the bank will not be happy. Just telling you to watch out, stay incognito and your probably OK.
Do some research online, Lambo totaled on racetrack during track day then moved to separate location, Insurance company knew before claim was filed.

I agree with this. Unfortunately it's true. I no longer have my full warranty but it's because my dealership ratted me out. That said, I'm more than happy to post details about all my upgrades along with the steps to install said options along the way, as my measly warranty is essentially kaput at this time. IMO, we should be able to modify our cars - WITHIN REASON - without any risk of warranty reduction or removal. I'm talking suspension, bolt-ons, and cosmetic things. Sigh... Oh well.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I agree with this. Unfortunately it's true. I no longer have my full warranty but it's because my dealership ratted me out. That said, I'm more than happy to post details about all my upgrades along with the steps to install said options along the way, as my measly warranty is essentially kaput at this time. IMO, we should be able to modify our cars - WITHIN REASON - without any risk of warranty reduction or removal. I'm talking suspension, bolt-ons, and cosmetic things. Sigh... Oh well.
I actually just recently got my oil changed as part of my free service for 3 years. One of the genesis employees got rid of his g70 for a different vehicle and was actually trying to sell his jb4 and offered it to me since I remove mine before dealer visits. I asked about warranty issues with it they told me it’s fine to have on during oil changes but any engine lights or problems I just need to take it off and they can’t tell the difference. Hopefully they are mod friendly since they all really really liked the tone of my exhaust lol

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
I actually just recently got my oil changed as part of my free service for 3 years. One of the genesis employees got rid of his g70 for a different vehicle and was actually trying to sell his jb4 and offered it to me since I remove mine before dealer visits. I asked about warranty issues with it they told me it’s fine to have on during oil changes but any engine lights or problems I just need to take it off and they can’t tell the difference. Hopefully they are mod friendly since they all really really liked the tone of my exhaust lol

Sounds like you've got a solid dealership. Mine are Nazi's and there's no way in hell they'd be that cool with me about mods.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Getting ready to order JB4. I am interested in map 3. I have Densco plugs gapped to .022, intake full exhaust , and hopefully quality 93 octane. Will I be able to run map 3? Or will I need octane booster? Not very interested in the octane booster or WMI so I would be stuck @ map 2?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
Getting ready to order JB4. I am interested in map 3. I have Densco plugs gapped to .022, intake full exhaust , and hopefully quality 93 octane. Will I be able to run map 3? Or will I need octane booster? Not very interested in the octane booster or WMI so I would be stuck @ map 2?
Depends on your fuel quality. I ran Map 3 on 93 octane...and the car hesitated...so the ECU didn’t like it. Other peeps have been fine...from what I’ve read.

Thus...BOOSTane for me. Map 2 is still fantastic. Do the Fuel Wires as well. And get the Bluetooth kit.

I would say 100% worth it even if just Map 2.

Map 0: JB4 disabled​
Map 1: 4psi over stock peak tapering to 2.5psi at high RPM. Default performance map suitable for all 91+ octane fuels.​
Map 2: 5psi over stock tapering to 4psi at high RPM. Suggested for 93+ octane fuel.​
Map 3: 6psi stock tapering to 5psi at high RPM. Suggested for high quality fuel including unleaded race gas, ethanol mixtures up to 30%, or high quality octane booster like Torco or Boostane.​
Map 4: Valet map, runs around half as much boost as stock.​
Map 5: Up to 7psi over stock. For use with unleaded race fuel and/or E85 mixtures up to 30%.​

Last edited:

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
My personal experience would be run map 2 with your mods and either 91 or 93. Of you have e85 available and are willing to mix the e30 then map 3 pulls like a train I did try map 3 myself on straight 91 and honestly it felt the exact same as map 2 with the exception that timing was being pulled due to a lack of octane I think bms showed a 5hp difference from map 2 compared to map 3 when both were tested on 91 octane alone. My daily is map 2 which is still a blast and I splash a little e85 when I go to roll race events or the drag strip. Hope my 2 cents helps.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
And just for a comparison sake. My best friend has a Kia stinger. Only mod is the injen intakes. Also 3.3. My mods are bms intakes jb4 with fuel wires secondary cat deletes and cat back exhaust system. We ran a roll comparison with each other from 40 to 130mph. My car only pulled 1.5 car lengths on his. The jb4 does feel like an incredible amount of improvement in power but once you get down to a side by side comparison this is roughly what the difference was for my test.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
My personal experience would be run map 2 with your mods and either 91 or 93. Of you have e85 available and are willing to mix the e30 then map 3 pulls like a train I did try map 3 myself on straight 91 and honestly it felt the exact same as map 2 with the exception that timing was being pulled due to a lack of octane I think bms showed a 5hp difference from map 2 compared to map 3 when both were tested on 91 octane alone. My daily is map 2 which is still a blast and I splash a little e85 when I go to roll race events or the drag strip. Hope my 2 cents helps.
You should be running 93 at a minimum on Map 2. Otherwise you are losing out.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
You should be running 93 at a minimum on Map 2. Otherwise you are losing out.
If only Las Vegas had that option. Next step over 91 is 100 octane otherwise I’m mixing e

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
And just for a comparison sake. My best friend has a Kia stinger. Only mod is the injen intakes. Also 3.3. My mods are bms intakes jb4 with fuel wires secondary cat deletes and cat back exhaust system. We ran a roll comparison with each other from 40 to 130mph. My car only pulled 1.5 car lengths on his. The jb4 does feel like an incredible amount of improvement in power but once you get down to a side by side comparison this is roughly what the difference was for my test.
That really surprises me being you were on Map 2. That is a significant difference in power and I would have thought you would walk away by several car lengths to 130 mph. Is it possible something was off or he secretly had a JB4 as well? lol

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
That really surprises me being you were on Map 2. That is a significant difference in power and I would have thought you would walk away by several car lengths to 130 mph. Is it possible something was off or he secretly had a JB4 as well? lol
Nah. I know he doesn’t have one. He had a 700+ hp srt 4 years ago. He is going for on looks with this car since he has already had the fun high hp stuff. Ive driven his car and I can tell it’s for sure stock. We even did the same roll but drove each other’s cars cause I thought maybe he just had better control and maybe was getting traction down better than me but dam near the exact same results

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Nah. I know he doesn’t have one. He had a 700+ hp srt 4 years ago. He is going for on looks with this car since he has already had the fun high hp stuff. Ive driven his car and I can tell it’s for sure stock. We even did the same roll but drove each other’s cars cause I thought maybe he just had better control and maybe was getting traction down better than me but dam near the exact same results
How did you like driving the Stinger?

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
How did you like driving the Stinger?
Felt almost identical as far as handling and power delivery. But the actual position in the car is much different I feel like everything in the stinger is higher around me like the center console and what not. Could of been I didn’t adjust the seat completely. Took about 4 weeks to get my setting for my g70 I do like the ambient lighting the stinger has though all my lights inside for the floor boards just shut off as soon as the car leaves park

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Felt almost identical as far as handling and power delivery. But the actual position in the car is much different I feel like everything in the stinger is higher around me like the center console and what not. Could of been I didn’t adjust the seat completely. Took about 4 weeks to get my setting for my g70 I do like the ambient lighting the stinger has though all my lights inside for the floor boards just shut off as soon as the car leaves park
I like Stingers. Good looking cars.

Same drive-trains/weight between the two cars?

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I like Stingers. Good looking cars.

Same drive-trains/weight between the two cars?
Ya both rwd 3.3. He has the gt2 so sun roof and all the fun stuff heads up display and what not. I believe his car is about 200-300 pounds heavier than mine Both on the same springs and both on stock wheels and tires

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
You're forgetting that they're starting at 4, so gear selection is going to factor in as well. I'd be curious if you still got the same result from 0 (assuming traction is there).

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
1.5 car lengths is a lot. At 60 mph...that could be 3/4 of a second...perhaps more.

Needless to say...the Stinger got smoked.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
1.5 car lengths is a lot. At 60 mph...that could be 3/4 of a second...perhaps more.

Needless to say...the Stinger got smoked.
Just so we're talking facts instead of hypotheticals:

130mph = 190 feet/second (FPS). The car is ~16ft long, so 1.5 x16 = 24ft difference. If you were to cross a finish line, the trailing car going a constant 190fps would cross 0.1263 (=24ft/190fps)seconds later.

@60mph (88fps), it'd be 0.2727 (=24ft/88fps)

Wouldn't exactly call that getting smoked...

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
Just so we're talking facts instead of hypotheticals:

130mph = 190 feet/second (FPS). The car is ~16ft long, so 1.5 x16 = 24ft difference. If you were to cross a finish line, the trailing car going a constant 190fps would cross 0.1263 (=24ft/190fps)seconds later.

@60mph (88fps), it'd be 0.2727 (=24ft/88fps)

Wouldn't exactly call that getting smoked...
Ok. 1.5 car lengths is smoked in my book...especially when clearly seeing their front bumper in the rear view.

To add...I said 60 mph...not 130.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums