• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
your car feels great ! gave me the butterflys. your take off felt like my cousins performance model 3 possibly quicker. :) (y)
I even just switched over to map 3 this morning. Feels strong but not like the e85 mix. I just had one little splash of Boostane left so figured I’d use it lol

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You're forgetting that they're starting at 4, so gear selection is going to factor in as well. I'd be curious if you still got the same result from 0 (assuming traction is there).
We can give it a try this weekend. But when we did his lowering springs you can clearly see his rear tires are starting to chunk a bit. So equal traction will be near impossible lol

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok. 1.5 car lengths is smoked in my book...especially when clearly seeing their front bumper in the rear view.

To add...I said 60 mph...not 130.
Hence why I have the 60mph number there for you too. Lol. But to each his own. "Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning"

We can give it a try this weekend. But when we did his lowering springs you can clearly see his rear tires are starting to chunk a bit. So equal traction will be near impossible lol
Oh I meant your car. I figure bombing it off the line may cause some wheel spin from the added power. I manage to spin tires at times and mine is dead stock

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hence why I have the 60mph number there for you too. Lol. But to each his own. "Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning"

Oh I meant your car. I figure bombing it off the line may cause some wheel spin from the added power. I manage to spin tires at times and mine is dead stock
Luckily I can run boost by gear so I basically run stock boost in first. 1.5 psi over stock in second and 3 over stock in third then after that hang on tight haha

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

AGREE, A WIN IS A WIN!

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Luckily I can run boost by gear so I basically run stock boost in first. 1.5 psi over stock in second and 3 over stock in third then after that hang on tight haha
How do you manage that? I know we can set boost by RPM but even with v12 I see nothing about boost by gear.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How do you manage that? I know we can set boost by RPM but even with v12 I see nothing about boost by gear.
When you are in that same page for those setting scroll down a little bit. You will find a spot to input values for 1st 2nd and 3rs gear. Just enter a plain value no negatives The value you enter will hold that much boost in those gears. So map3 is up to 6 psi over stock. If you enter 6 for 1st gear then you will only get stock boost in that gear. It’s not any help for the awd cars but it’s a massive help for the rwd guys like me. At the bottom of the pic attached is the boost by gear options

Attachments

Last edited:

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When you are in that same page for those setting scroll down a little bit. You will find a spot to input values for 1st 2nd and 3rs gear. Just enter a plain value no negatives The value you enter will hold that much boost in those gears. So map3 is up to 6 psi over stock. If you enter 6 for 1st gear then you will only get stock boost in that gear. It’s not any help for the awd cars but it’s a massive help for the rwd guys like me. At the bottom of the pic attached is the boost by gear options
duh I’m such an idiot. I forgot all about that.
are those your values? 6 in first and 3 in second?

Last edited:

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
duh I’m such an idiot. I forgot all about that.
are those you values? 6 in first and 3 in second?
Yes they are my values. For map 5. My draggy just came in today so I’m sure they will change once I get a chance to use that To dial my 0-60. For now I use the jb4 timer which isn’t 100 percent accurate since I believe it’s a 1 foot roll out but it still lets me see if I get any improvement with my settings

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes they are my values. For map 5. My draggy just came in today so I’m sure they will change once I get a chance to use that To dial my 0-60. For now I use the jb4 timer which isn’t 100 percent accurate since I believe it’s a 1 foot roll out but it still lets me see if I get any improvement with my settings
so wait a min. So 6.0 in first would seem to be stock boost plus the addl 6lbs and 3.0 for second would be 3lbs plus stock.

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Correct. I’ve noticed if I run more than stock boost in first gear I don’t get any traction
according to all the BMW JB4 threads you put the max you want. If you put 6 you would still get stock boost. If you put 3 It would still be stock.
so if you want 12 lbs in second then put 12

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
according to all the BMW threads you put the max you want. If you put 6 you would still get stock boost. If you put 3 It would still be stock.
so if you want 12 lbs in second then put 12
I’d have to take another look on the n54 tech page but I thought it stated enter the value of boost you want the tune to hold out of that specific gear.

FastEddie

Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Luckily it’s in the first post. So the value you enter is what you will reduce that gears boost by. So using round numbers. If you have 20psi and you enter 5 for 1st gear then you would get 15psi. This is my understanding of how burger tuning has worded it.
maybe it would be listed as boost “reduction” by gear 😂

I only loose a bit of traction in first since it is still in the 70‘s here. I’ll try dropping first by 6 lbs and see what happens.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums