• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I figured out how it was spinning up. I wasn’t at a complete stop and with the front tires rolling I think the car wont cut the throttle and just lit um up. I did it again today coming out of my subdivision. Got all kinds of sideways drifting up the street.
I’m in Vegas. Ya idk I’ll do some trouble shooting and if I can’t figure it out I’ll contact them. But I just tried a couple more runs and got it a little quicker. 12.79. I had a 12.38 but it was down hill 1.76 percent so that’s invalid lol

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m in Vegas. Ya idk I’ll do some trouble shooting and if I can’t figure it out I’ll contact them. But I just tried a couple more runs and got it a little quicker. 12.79. I had a 12.38 but it was down hill 1.76 percent so that’s invalid lol
yea downhill just a bit of an advantage. 😊.
your a bit cooler in Vegas now in the mid 40’s and if it’s like the Phoenix Area the streets are a bit dusty at times.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
yea downhill just a bit of an advantage. 😊.
your a bit cooler in Vegas now in the mid 40’s and if it’s like the Phoenix Area the streets are a bit dusty at times
Ya pretty much everything here that is open to actually run without traffic and flat is on the outskirts surrounded by desert lol so that could be hurting me off the line as well

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
A friend of mine owns one, highly modified twin turbo, pushing around 1000whp. That thing is a monster! check out the license plate, though ;)
Ya when you start twin turboing those cars it’s gets insane. You can get them to like 2200 whp but it’s like 140k on top of the price of the car

3.3 Rulz

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Engine isn’t even out yet...how would anyone possibly know?
I know, but it seems to work with everything so far, it's not like a tune where it reprograms the ECU, so I'm assuming it will work with that new engine, just inquiring.
It will probably work with the new 2.5T also.
I'm waiting for the GV70 anyway, things might change by then.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
ANY HELP! Just installed JB4 with fuel wires and mobile connect.
Changed plugs gapped at .022 installed all wiring
Took a test drive map 1 half to full throttle horrible backfires and sputtering. Switched to map 0 seems to run fine.
THIS IS WHAT I WAS AFRAID OF!
On the bright side plug install was alot easier than anticipated.

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Full evc exhaust & k&n panels, pedal tuner . I emailed Terry we will see.
Ya I couldn’t give you any thoughts on it. To me the cars tend to only be happy at cruising rpm or full throttle. Hopefully terry can shed some light on the issue for you

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
ANY HELP! Just installed JB4 with fuel wires and mobile connect.
Changed plugs gapped at .022 installed all wiring
Took a test drive map 1 half to full throttle horrible backfires and sputtering. Switched to map 0 seems to run fine.
THIS IS WHAT I WAS AFRAID OF!
On the bright side plug install was alot easier than anticipated.
Were the backfires and sputtering dependent on you’re turbo psi? I had the same problem but I had already been using the jb4 for several months, I removed the jb4 and took it to the dealership and they swapped coil packs on cylinder 4 and 6, Havent put the jb4 back on since, still no problems, also is it giving you a CEL? If not try to get it to give you one, then check your jb4 app and read the codes and it’ll diagnose what is wrong. Best of luck!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums