Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Brand New G70 owner - 1400kms done, put my plugs (probably a must) JB4 and CAIs on after 1000km and I've done rest on MAP 2 running 94 RON gas. Hopefully I'm not jinxing anything. Smooth and amazing so far. BMS have looked at small log which was fine.

Last edited:

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just got a 2021 g70 3.3t Sport and i want to slap a tune on it but I don't know how reliable this JB4 piggyback is, if something happens to my engine I'm sure the dealer will find out I ran higher boost if they look hard enough. Has anyone had any issues with the JB4?
As long as you run the proper fuel, and proper plug with the correct gap issues seem to be few and far between. Im still waiting on flash tuning, which may never happen at this point.

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just got a 2021 g70 3.3t Sport and i want to slap a tune on it but I don't know how reliable this JB4 piggyback is, if something happens to my engine I'm sure the dealer will find out I ran higher boost if they look hard enough. Has anyone had any issues with the JB4?
Start here.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Start here.

Yep. And if it were me and I was tackling this thread for the first time, I wouldn't tackle it without a cup of coffee and a comfortable chair.

Last edited:

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

buddy712

Chicago IL Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Since the JB4 is a piggyback it sits between the engine and the ECU. This means the signal the JB4 sends back to the ECU has the OE calibrations. So if the ECU is expecting 12PSI the JB4 will send 12PSI back to the ECU but the engine will actually be running 16PSI. The JB4 intercepts the signals before it goes to the ECU so when the dealer runs a scan on the ECU they do not see the 16PSI they will only see the 12PSI

Hope that made sense

danielegov

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Since the JB4 is a piggyback it sits between the engine and the ECU. This means the signal the JB4 sends back to the ECU has the OE calibrations. So if the ECU is expecting 12PSI the JB4 will send 12PSI back to the ECU but the engine will actually be running 16PSI. The JB4 intercepts the signals before it goes to the ECU so when the dealer runs a scan on the ECU they do not see the 16PSI they will only see the 12PSI

Hope that made sense
Wow that solves all my worries! because now if the JB4 for any reason does cause damage to my engine the dealer won’t know about the Jb4 if I remove it physically and my warranty won’t be revoked.

BadTrainDriver

Registered Member
Powell, OH
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow that solves all my worries! because now if the JB4 for any reason does cause damage to my engine the dealer won’t know about the Jb4 if I remove it physically and my warranty won’t be revoked.

Why would you expect warranty if the JB4 causes engine damage?

bigbaw

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interested in a tune and some ideas for tuning the exhaust notes for a bit more aggressiveness... I live in Toronto, Ontario.. Any ideas on availability of parts and anyone here know of reputable shops that could install?

Thanks in advance.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The JB4 is a fully programmable tuning system. We can set it for whatever power profile we want and with the extra inputs and CANbus makes the RC look like a toy. :) We provide free firmware updates with new maps, features, and performance levels as we test and develop them.

That said different strokes for different folks. Just remember our customers post ACTUAL dyno charts and detailed tuning data logs to go with them while many other companies just post theoretical numbers with little to support them.
Terry I loved the product on Q60 but it seems even better on this platform. Thanks for your responsiveness in the forum and for making our cars even more heart racing!
Twister

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums