Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Last edited:

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
2018 Genesis G80 3.3T Sport 0-60 mph 4.9 | Quarter mile 13.5 stock according to most sites, A 4.5 would be doable with a good launch and right conditions.

Terry @ BMS

AUTHORIZED VENDOR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Kamauxx

Registered Member

If you want to know early results for the G70..... just go look at the Stinger owners results..

0-60 I think will be tough to really see some mind blowing number UNLESS you are really skilled at launching, Just a guess.......
The at-speed acceleration is where the most significant will be I think....but this dude here, in a Stinger, is showing right around 4 sec..... but I actually calculated a little less.. looks like high 3 second range. He's on map 2.
Hey Gents,

That's my video posted above. The car was a bit faster than what I wrote but it was hard to capture it in the video since I was doing a frame-by-frame edit in one of Windows free programs. During the time of that run the JB4s firmware added 4 psi on map 2. One of the updates changed map 2 to 5 psi over stock.

On map 2 with warm tires you all should definitely be sub-4.0 seconds to 60.

I originally got the JB4 in March as part of a ten person beta. I started out running map 1 with stock gapped plugs. I then re-gapped my stock plugs to .025 and ran map 2 for about 8k miles without issue. I started running map 3 about 300 miles ago haven't had any problems, yet.

I've always used 93 octane.

I encourage you all to check out the Stinger forum that Sal runs since so much info translates over between our cars. You definitely want to check out the how-to videos for changing the plugs.

Anyway, I was bored and decided to check to see how G70 owners were liking their cars and happened upon this thread. Figured I'd give some feedback about the JB4.

Love the looks of the G70! I'm sure you all will be running 11s in no time.

Good luck!

jailer

Been here awhile...
Anyway, I was bored and decided to check to see how G70 owners were liking their cars and happened upon this thread. Figured I'd give some feedback about the JB4.

Good luck!
Nice of you to chine in Kamauxx..... There is ALOT of interest in the JB4 it seems and I think you just cleared some things up for many here.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice of you to chine in Kamauxx..... There is ALOT of interest in the JB4 it seems and I think you just cleared some things up for many here.
Hey Gents,

That's my video posted above. The car was a bit faster than what I wrote but it was hard to capture it in the video since I was doing a frame-by-frame edit in one of Windows free programs. During the time of that run the JB4s firmware added 4 psi on map 2. One of the updates changed map 2 to 5 psi over stock.

On map 2 with warm tires you all should definitely be sub-4.0 seconds to 60.

I originally got the JB4 in March as part of a ten person beta. I started out running map 1 with stock gapped plugs. I then re-gapped my stock plugs to .025 and ran map 2 for about 8k miles without issue. I started running map 3 about 300 miles ago haven't had any problems, yet.

I've always used 93 octane.

I encourage you all to check out the Stinger forum that Sal runs since so much info translates over between our cars. You definitely want to check out the how-to videos for changing the plugs.

Good luck!
What’s required to run Map 3? I heard Map 2 just requires 93 fuel.

I assume Map 3 is much faster than 2?

Kamauxx

Registered Member
What’s required to run Map 3? I heard Map 2 just requires 93 fuel.

I assume Map 3 is much faster than 2?
Map 3 is 6 psi over stock vs 5 over for map 2.

Terry's recommendation is high quality fuel, including unleaded race gas, and e85 mixtures. On the Stinger forum when asked specifically if high quality 93 octane will work he said it should be fine but users should log a couple of runs so he can take a look at the csv files to verify.

Before I decided to try map 3 a few other owners chimed in saying they had been running it with 93 octane without issue.

Terry's exact words regarding 93 with map 3:
In terms of map3 on 93 octane you'd want to look at the logs to evaluate it, but I expect it will work fine for most.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Terry's recommendation is high quality fuel, including unleaded race gas, and e85 mixtures. On the Stinger forum when asked specifically if high quality 93 octane will work he said it should be fine but users should log a couple of runs so he can take a look at the csv files to verify.

Before I decided to try map 3 a few other owners chimed in saying they had been running it with 93 octane without issue.

In terms of map3 on 93 octane you'd want to look at the logs to evaluate it, but I expect it will work fine for most.
I guess if I’m just getting 93 at Shell or Costco...Map 2 is it. I won’t be using 93 race fuel or additives. Right?

TOGuy242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

A common gas station chain here (Petro Canada) has 94 Octane - I wonder if that would be sufficient for the higher map?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Doesn't exist in Canada any more ... they merged with Petro Canada years ago - maybe the 94 octane came from them?
Yeah Sunoco was the one with 94 Octane. Not all Petro Canada pumps have 94. I think Shell has 93 if I'm not mistaken.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.