Burger Motorsports JB4 high performance tuner now available for the Genesis 3.3TT

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Numbers look awesome, anyone find the limit to the rods and what not yet?

More of a question for @Terry @ BMS can JB4 support flex fuel sensor, and what kinda numbers are you seeing on some e85 or e98, I'm sure injectors can't support e85?

Last edited:

Terry @ BMS

AUTHORIZED VENDOR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
do you have dyno runs of map1 vs map2?
I have dyno my G80 sport (same engine as G70 v6 3.3tt) ....1st. pull (*) Map0 - 2nd. pull Map1 - 3rd. Map2

(*) - 1st. run it shows HP not WHP like 2nd, and 3rd. so the gain in HP/TQ is huge - around 65 HP and 130 TQ

Attachments

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Looks like tires bouncing on the dyno! Have JB4 logs of the runs? I can use those to provide tuning advice on how to get power up. :)
It could be those old tires, yes....we talked about it and you saw those logs. I think I posted them in Stinger's forum or N54tech.

Lets wait a few months, then I'll add fuel wires and I already have a new set of wheels with Michelin PS4s's. Once it gets warmer in Illinois, I'll run some tests with E85+93 and put it on dyno again.

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
@Terry @ BMS - Any updates on water injection for the G70? Wondering if you have an ETA on when you'll be officially selling your kit that works with the JB4.

Thanks for all the stuff and things.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is probably more for Terry @ BMS. I plan on ordering the JB4 for my 3.3T in a few weeks.

My plan is to run Map 2...on 93 fuel. I don't want to get into wires...or anything fancy...just the JB4. It seems like Map 2 will give me all that I need. Not sure what is required to run on Map 3...but I assume something other than just 93 fuel.

With all that said...I will try to reach out to Terry directly with some questions...since I am super anal and want to make sure I order everything I need.

Have there been any G70 3.3T owners out there who have done this? Anything I need to know or worry about?

Thank you.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am really starting to do my research...and the whole spark plug thing is a royal PITFA. Not sure if I want to attempt doing it myself. The biggest issue is the middle plug on the passenger side. There are videos, etc...but I have no clue what I am doing...never done it before. Worried I will break something.

I have gone to 3 local shops thus far...and all of them want over $300 to install the plugs. WTF ?!?! I am not paying that...not worth it to me. I thought I could pay someone like $75 or something. Jeez.

So...unless I find someone who can knock this out without removing that whole manifold thingee...I might not do this at all :(

Now...to get a bit more specific...the G70 is different than the Stinger in the following way. In the below picture of a Stinger...I have 2 arrows pointing at the bolts you have to loosen to remove the rubber housing. This is if you want to do it the long way. The Stinger simply has flat-head screws that loosen. The G70 is different !!! It is more advanced. It uses those screws that you torque down and the head breaks off once tightened. So no way to remove it without clipping it off. Then you have to get new ones to replace them. Dear Lord.

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am really starting to do my research...and the whole spark plug thing is a royal PITFA. Not sure if I want to attempt doing it myself. The biggest issue is the middle plug on the passenger side. There are videos, etc...but I have no clue what I am doing...never done it before. Worried I will break something.

I have gone to 3 local shops thus far...and all of them want over $300 to install the plugs. WTF ?!?! I am not paying that...not worth it to me. I thought I could pay someone like $75 or something. Jeez.

So...unless I find someone who can knock this out without removing that whole manifold thingee...I might not do this at all :(

Now...to get a bit more specific...the G70 is different than the Stinger in the following way. In the below picture of a Stinger...I have 2 arrows pointing at the bolts you have to loosen to remove the rubber housing. This is if you want to do it the long way. The Stinger simply has flat-head screws that loosen. The G70 is different !!! It is more advanced. It uses those screws that you torque down and the head breaks off once tightened. So no way to remove it without clipping it off. Then you have to get new ones to replace them. Dear Lord.

View attachment 17974

Hah, really? That's dumb. I wonder why they changed that...

Looks like you'd probably have to remove the throttle body to get the intake piping off if you didn't want to ruin the OEM clamps. Even so, if you did take them off, you can replace them with non-OEM hose clamps that are similar to the Stinger's - you can get them from any auto parts store. But, considering you're leasing I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to go around putting on different parts like that.

Either way, good luck and let us know what you end up doing! And I agree with you, $300 is ridiculous for changing out plugs, even though this is much more complicated than inline engines' plugs.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't believe you need to change the plugs unless you're revving to redline between gears consistently.
If you just want low end pep, you should be fine!
Has anyone blown plugs without doing launches and hard pulls?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.