• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buschur Racing and the Genesis Coupe....

Jrod@Buschur

Hasn't posted much yet...
I think im a member on every Genesis Coupe site now so you may have read a couple of interviews that I have already done but if you have not and have any questions about Buschur Racing, our plans for the turbo 4 coupe, parts, etc... I will be glad to answer them.

This thread was started for you guys to ask questions, give feedback and discuss so please dont feel anything is "off-topic" as it is all welcome in here.

Take care guys and I look forward to talking with you!

ralliartist

Sooo.......What turbo comes stock on the turbo 4 genesis? And is it possible to upgrade to the evo x turbo? Is it even worth it? And how much power can we make on a evo x turbo with just a flash and more boost?

I'm going to assume that getting an evo x turbo might possibly be pretty easy as the evo x guys are already upgrading, so picking up a stock x turbo would probably be easy. I know those guys are doing mid 12's with just more boost and a flash.

I would think we could do better on slicks with the x turbo, more boost,and a flash.

any thoughts? comments?

Jrod@Buschur

Sooo.......What turbo comes stock on the turbo 4 genesis? And is it possible to upgrade to the evo x turbo? Is it even worth it? And how much power can we make on a evo x turbo with just a flash and more boost?

I'm going to assume that getting an evo x turbo might possibly be pretty easy as the evo x guys are already upgrading, so picking up a stock x turbo would probably be easy. I know those guys are doing mid 12's with just more boost and a flash.

I would think we could do better on slicks with the x turbo, more boost,and a flash.

any thoughts? comments?
I have no way to know what turbo is coming on the turbo 4 coupe. I do not know if its possible to upgrade to an Evo X turbo.

Specific questions like that will not be able to be answered until more information becomes available and the car is released.

Also keep in mind the Evo X is AWD so traction isnt much of an issue.

You will need more supporting mods than just an upgraded turbo, more boost and a flash to run faster. Parts combination plays a HUGE roll in modifying any car.

ralliartist

I understand what you said. But being the same engine, it really would be easy to upgrade. I can't wait to see what you come up for it though.

Also, i would think that the power to weight ratio and using slicks on RWD would dominate an AWD any day.

Your opinions??

I must say though, I'm glad to see you venturing into the gensis world!

Jrod@Buschur

I understand what you said. But being the same engine, it really would be easy to upgrade. I can't wait to see what you come up for it though.

Also, i would think that the power to weight ratio and using slicks on RWD would dominate an AWD any day.

Your opinions??

I would rather not turn this into a AWD vs RWD debate.

On that note I disagree to a certain extent.

Lets move on to the next subject.

Thanks!

EdVoylesHyundai

Been here awhile...
Marietta, GA

Your opinions??

This car is realeased in Korea, no? We need to get our hands on a motor to see how similar the two motors are!

There are lots of other factors that affect straight-line speed, too. Don't forget about gearing. Gearing can make a HUGE difference in acceleration.

RWD vs. AWD is a touchy subject for some people. I have seen RWD cars launched very effectively when driven by skilled drivers (Ryan Woon, SW, etc...) but in the hands of the everyday driver (those of us who don't have the good driver mod installed yet), AWD will typically provide the best results: just stand on the loudpedal and let the computer figure it out.

I am glad to see Buschur getting in involved so early! This bodes well for the Genesis Coupe!

ralliartist

This car is realeased in Korea, no? We need to get our hands on a motor to see how similar the two motors are!

There are lots of other factors that affect straight-line speed, too. Don't forget about gearing. Gearing can make a HUGE difference in acceleration.

RWD vs. AWD is a touchy subject for some people. I have seen RWD cars launched very effectively when driven by skilled drivers (Ryan Woon, SW, etc...) but in the hands of the everyday driver (those of us who don't have the good driver mod installed yet), AWD will typically provide the best results: just stand on the loudpedal and let the computer figure it out.

I am glad to see Buschur getting in involved so early! This bodes well for the genesisowners! <-- OMG that is too funny --> genesisowners

Side note: Where it says "genesisowners" above should phonetically read "Jen Coupe", but if you type G e n C o u p e without spaces as one word, Sal has cleverly programmed the brain to render that as "genesisowners". Heh.
So just type gen/coupe

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums