• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buying a G90 soon

DSXMachina

Just passing through.
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Nashua NH
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

Goaterguy

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This is actually a great point, a 2017 BMW certified 750i with a twin turbo V8 and AWD with low miles sells for the high 30s very low 40s.

Iforclose

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Hello,
1st post on this site but long time reader.

I am looking to buy a 2017 G90 5.0 Ultimate.
I thought I found a good one down in Florida with 11,000 miles on it.
However, the sales manager just informed me that they have to replace the dashboard due to cracking. This is after replacing the radar sensor cover previously as well.

Is this a red flag for more problems in the future or a good buy if I can get them down from $42,800.
Thank you!
I just had both those changed on my 2017 g90. The dash is a poor material problem. Very well known issue. The same for the radar cover

firstgenesis2019

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks for the responses on that issue.
That helps the decision making!

Iforclose

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
General note to all: Used car prices are plummeting due to the time of year, a soft market and so many cars coming off lease. This is especially true of luxury brands such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes and similar, including Genesis. But Genesis sells in such small numbers that it is only by inference that I know their prices are squishy. If your competition has dropped their prices then you have to as well to stay competitive.
Don't be afraid to offer significantly under the asking price. Tell the seller that you like the car, but feel the price doesn't match the competition. Be nice about it, but firm. They want to meet year end sales goals, they won't be insulted and they will call you back.
I'm hunting for an audi s8. 2017 or 2018 low mileage. Darn things still arent cheap yet

firstgenesis2019

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
56730 is a steal for a 5.0 Ultimate

Cactus99

Jack of few trades, master of fewer.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
56730 is a steal for a 5.0 Ultimate
Agreed! What is that? Like 25% below MSRP? That's a lot of car for the money!! Bear in mind that we are a week or so out from the LA Autoshow, where Genesis will be "unveiling" the 2020 Genesis. (It is out already in Canada and elsewhere?). So this may push pricing even further South, especially for used models. :)

Last edited:

Goaterguy

Getting familiar with the group...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Agreed! What is that? Like 25% below MSRP? That's a lot of car for the money!! Bear in mind that we are a week or so out from the LA Autoshow, where Genesis will be "unveiling" the 2020 Genesis. (It is out already in Canada and elsewhere?). So this may push pricing even further South, especially for used models. :)
100% agree. I predict 2019 models sitting in lots for a good while.

firstgenesis2019

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So I asked the dealer in Oklahoma with the 56700 deal on a new, learned that is only for a lease. Actual quote is like 62830.

XBOHDPuKC

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
So I asked the dealer in Oklahoma with the 56700 deal on a new, learned that is only for a lease. Actual quote is like 62830.
would you be paying cash? If not, why not take a lease, drive it and they buy out (if numbers work right)?
That's the way a lot of leases worked in 2017 when Genesis had huge incentives on leases.

mistersteve

Registered Member
FL
Ahem....
> It has two VERY big red flags. Unusually low mileage for the age,

Before you avoid every low mileage G90 out there consider a few things that might oppose that view as a red flag.

Speaking for myself and probably quite a few other G90 owners here, we’re getting older than dirt and just don’t drive as much anymore ;-)

Seriously, my wife and I have 5 cars (3 of them 2017 or newer) and she hasn’t driven in 4 months. Care to guess how many miles we might be putting on cars these days? I’ve only put about 1K miles on my 2018 G90 in the last 7 months and doubt it will have much more than 15K at the end of 3 years. I think you might actually want one of my used cars. Call it any color flag you like.

P.S. Two owners? Got a story for that too. I once leased a Porsche 928S4 on my company and then bought it off lease personally at the end. Hence, two owners - but still me.

Cactus99

Jack of few trades, master of fewer.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Ahem....
> It has two VERY big red flags. Unusually low mileage for the age,

Before you avoid every low mileage G90 out there consider a few things that might oppose that view as a red flag.

Speaking for myself and probably quite a few other G90 owners here, we’re getting older than dirt and just don’t drive as much anymore ;-)

Seriously, my wife and I have 5 cars (3 of them 2017 or newer) and she hasn’t driven in 4 months. Care to guess how many miles we might be putting on cars these days? I’ve only put about 1K miles on my 2018 G90 in the last 7 months and doubt it will have much more than 15K at the end of 3 years. I think you might actually want one of my used cars. Call it any color flag you like.

P.S. Two owners? Got a story for that too. I once leased a Porsche 928S4 on my company and then bought it off lease personally at the end. Hence, two owners - but still me.
I get your drift. But we are not looking at someone like you, who would probably be considered the exception. If you looked at the CarFax, it was *highly* unusual (not *just* low mileage). Someone unfamiliar may not take note or understand why it would be unusual. In the end, my post was intended to be helpful, having some experience with this. Everyone should feel free to disregard my post and do as they wish, of course. For someone like me though, I cannot afford/would not be pleased to make a 40K +/- mistake - for you as someone with 5 cars, this is probably not an issue, and may not be an issue for the OP either? I'll leave this as my last word on the subject. Good luck to you and to the OP and have an enjoyable and safe weekend! :)

Last edited:

mistersteve

Registered Member
FL
>>for you as someone with 5 cars, this is probably not an issue, and may not be an issue for the OP either?

Please accept my apology if any part of my statement sounded like a criticism of you or what you said (reason why us old guys prefer Macallan 12 and face-to-face discussion instead of stupid texts ;-) I was merely relating that two owner cars and low mileage could occur from other circumstances as in my case. Obviously your research on this car suggests another conclusion and caution. As for the number of $40K plus mistakes I’ve made over the years, it might take the whole bottle ……

DSXMachina

Just passing through.
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Nashua NH
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums