Buying a Genesis in todays market

SuperKing

Registered Member
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
The vehicles that blew up in price the most tend to be common cars like civics, camrys, trucks, etc. but a small fraction of buyers are in the 7 series/S class/A8 market, and they often lease new cars. Those seem to have depreciated a lot like normal so it's probably fine to buy now...But if you can wait 1-2 years, they might have unsold 2021 models for cheap, who knows?

Yup, be patient and buy a "new old car", it's how I scored my 2020 G90 for the price of a Rav 4 with 4x the mileage. Prices of regular commuter cars have been jacked so high that someone paying $60k for a Rav 4 are stretching themselves, they don't want the added fuel and insurance costs of a V8.

It's not as simple as thinking someone is paying that much for a Rav 4, they may as well cross shop a MB GLC. There's a lot of other costs to consider. I'm browsing Autotrader.ca and luxury cars listings are showing below market value. It's a different market.

GenesisGem68

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I'm really liking the 2023 G90 and might wait to buy one of those. My Cadillac XTS still has a couple years left in her.

Either way, I still want a G90. I just love everything about them..

I like the 2020-2022 models also. OH, first world problems. ;)

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm really liking the 2023 G90 and might wait to buy one of those. My Cadillac XTS still has a couple years left in her.

Either way, I still want a G90. I just love everything about them..

I like the 2020-2022 models also. OH, first world problems. ;)
I too am waiting for the 23s to be announced. Looking for some value on an outgoing 22. ;)

GenesisGem68

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Do we know what the MSRP or the release date is on the 2023?

Ninja400

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
From the reviews that recently came out of Korea, the base model, if you convert from KRW to USD, is $75k. Which is the same as the '22 base (V6 RWD).

I'm guessing it would go much higher though, probably pushing close to 100k for the top spec with all the new features (air suspension, 4 seats, e-supercharger, etc.) and with the semi-aniline leather (the Germans charge around 4k for that). It really depends on what they bring to the US market. For the 1st gen G90 you could configure it to a very high price on Korean website, but the US market didn't get a lot of the options like the semi aniline leather and a bunch of interior colors and the long wheelbase.

The current one only goes to $83k (+2.5k for AWD, +3.5k for the V8 and rear seat package).

Last edited:

GenesisGem68

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Well, if its close to $100k, then I'm out.

Maybe Trixie and I can team up and use some purchasing power for a pair of 2022's. :)

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Well, if its close to $100k, then I'm out.

Maybe Trixie and I can team up and use some purchasing power for a pair of 2022's. :)
2 for 1? I'm in! Actually, I'm also waiting for the Circle Plans to be offered near me.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
led lit velossatech high performance big mouth ram air snorkels airscoops for your genesis
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners