Buying used

iqjumpuw

Getting familiar with the group...
Hello folks

-If I buy a CPO Genesis, am I able to get it serviced at any Genesis authorized dealership (even out of state)?
-If I buy a Non-CPO Genesis, can I take it to a dealership to get it certified? If yes, how much does it typically cost?
-It looks like most dealerships offer extended warranty on top of the CPO warranty that covers everything except for normal wear and tear until 100k miles. I was quoted $2950 from one dealership, but is that how much extended warranty usually costs?

Thanks for the help folks!

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
If they offered you $2950 then you need to negotiate for the employee discount at $1500 or go to another dealer.

RicRuhlman

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I recently wrote Genesis on the same question and got this response:

“5yr/60,000 limited warranty, but would not be eligible for the 10yr/100,000 mile power train warranty. You will also have Genesis Connected Services complimentary until 02/25/2021 as well as the "Enhanced" Roadside Assistance. After the three year period of enhanced roadside assistance, standard roadside coverage will remain in place until 4/21/2022- unlimited mileage.

You will also be eligible for valet and loaner car services for the 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first) for warranty and campaign (recall) work only. The standard maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations) would not be complimentary, and would not be eligible for valet or loaner services through the Genesis contract.

Unfortunately there is not a way to purchase this package as the secondary owner.”