• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Can’t Download the Alert Service App

BillySmalz

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hi everyone. I hope you can help because so far Bluelink customer service couldn’t. I just purchased a 2016 G80. I have all the bluelink subscriptions. When I go into the “Apps”, “download center” option in the bluelink categories, I see the option to download the “alert services” app. Every time I select it, I get the message,” subscription to an optional service is required. Please contact your dealer or call 855-2-Bluelink. Anyone else seen this, and is there a solution ?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

BillySmalz

Genesis Model Type
Not sure what you are looking for. I don't see any app for "alert services" Do you have either the Hyundai Bluelink or Genesis app? Can you post a link so we can see exactly what app you are talking about?
Thanks for your response, EdP. On my phone, I have both apps. This alert app must be downloaded into the car’s bluelink in order for it to work with the phone apps. Because I can’t download the app, the features are also greyed out on the MyHyundai website. The alerts associated with this app are curfew, speed, valet, and geo-fence.

Attachments

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

16UltV6Guy

Act as if....
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
.... I just purchased a 2016 G80. .....
:police: Naming convention police.... Pull over please.

Fyi, to be totally correct about things, there is no such car as a 2016 G80. If it's a 2016, then it is a Hyundai Genesis sedan.
The car wasn't called a Genesis G80 until the 2017 model year, when Genesis actually became a separate luxury line from Hyundai. ;)

BillySmalz

Genesis Model Type
:police: Naming convention police.... Pull over please.

Fyi, to be totally correct about things, there is no such car as a 2016 G80. If it's a 2016, then it is a Hyundai Genesis sedan.
The car wasn't called a Genesis G80 until the 2017 model year, when Genesis actually became a separate luxury line from Hyundai. ;)
. Thanks Bro. Guilty as charged.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums