Can a non nav 3.8 sedan use a stock nav unit?

RWMissouri

Getting familiar with the group...
Not only that but it is not possible to have a telescoping steering wheel. Which is why I dumped the base model for a new Azera so I am no longer a Genesis owner. Sorry but it had to go. Made no economic sense.

Robertnlissa

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The GPS is not a stand-alone unit. It is integrated with the entire entertainment unit, which includes preamp (head unit), amp (in trunk), speakers, etc which are completely different from the Genesis Base Trim model. Also, the Premium Package GPS and Tech Package GPS are not the same and are not interchangeable.
I have a 2012 Genesis sedan 3.8 with the factory head unit and wanted to upgrade it to a touchscreen with navigation now you were saying something about the amp and sub in the car would be different from the other head unit well I've had my speakers replaced an after market amp and sub installed would that make a difference in putting a head unit from another Genesis in my car or is there still a lot more that need to be done in order for it to work?

PMCErnie

Been here a long time....
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have a 2012 Genesis sedan 3.8 with the factory head unit and wanted to upgrade it to a touchscreen with navigation now you were saying something about the amp and sub in the car would be different from the other head unit well I've had my speakers replaced an after market amp and sub installed would that make a difference in putting a head unit from another Genesis in my car or is there still a lot more that need to be done in order for it to work?
This thread is four years old and Mark888 is gone. My advice? Unavi.

UNAVI / HOME