Can the NAV window be suppressed?

as400guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Austin, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The NAV system on my 2017 G80 has never been of much use to me. I would prefer that it not even fire up on my infotainment screen.

Is there a way to keep NAV from starting on my car?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
on the 2018 there is a setting, return to map timer: if set to off the map does not come up on mine except in 2 cases:

it was the last thing I used before turning off the car,
the radio is off when you power off the car, so the map comes up when you restart.

on my 2018 the last source I used is what comes up when I start the car, after the please agree to blah blah lawyer crap times out. In my case it is always CarPlay, so within 30-45 seconds of startup after the lawyer crap times out and my wireless carplay dongle initializes CarPlay comes up.

I haven't seen the OEM map come up in maybe a year.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The NAV system on my 2017 G80 has never been of much use to me. I would prefer that it not even fire up on my infotainment screen.

Is there a way to keep NAV from starting on my car?
Leave the radio on. I have SiriusXM and that on on when I shut down and then start up. What do you have on typically when you shut down?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Leave the radio on. I have SiriusXM and that on on when I shut down and then start up. What do you have on typically when you shut down?
CarPlay

or the unit is off. Depends.

oops you weren’t asking me. Lol.

as400guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Austin, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

I almost always listen to XM and it's on when the ignition is turned off.

Standard process: Start car, tend to the Lawyer stuff, leaving the map in the left half of the screen and my last radio source on the right. I have to touch the radio to get it to go to full screen.

This is not a big deal, but I've never had much use for the G80's navigation. I like Google Maps much better - more intuitive for me and always up to date.

Mr. Incredible:
I will try to find the "map timer" setting tomorrow. Thanks.

Kwdan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I almost always listen to XM and it's on when the ignition is turned off.

Standard process: Start car, tend to the Lawyer stuff, leaving the map in the left half of the screen and my last radio source on the right. I have to touch the radio to get it to go to full screen.

This is not a big deal, but I've never had much use for the G80's navigation. I like Google Maps much better - more intuitive for me and always up to date.

Mr. Incredible:
I will try to find the "map timer" setting tomorrow. Thanks.
How do you get to split screen? My Yukon does it, but can't figure this one out.

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Which navigation system do you have? If you have the jog dial (rotary knob in the center console), then you have the premium system. I believe only the base system (smaller screen and no jog dial) can do split screen.

Kwdan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Which navigation system do you have? If you have the jog dial (rotary knob in the center console), then you have the premium system. I believe only the base system (smaller screen and no jog dial) can do split screen.
I have the premium system so does that apply to "Jukebox" also?

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My DIS Navigation manual (specific to the premium system) says it has the jukebox, but I've never used it. Mine is a 2015, and there have been some changes over the years. If you have the jukebox, there should be a "copy to jukebox" option in the USB audio menu.

Kwdan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I've tried 4 usb drives with music on them. Scrolled to media on screen and jukebox was never an option.

OpIv37

Registered Member
Baltimore, MD
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
on the 2018 there is a setting, return to map timer: if set to off the map does not come up on mine except in 2 cases:

it was the last thing I used before turning off the car,
the radio is off when you power off the car, so the map comes up when you restart.

on my 2018 the last source I used is what comes up when I start the car, after the please agree to blah blah lawyer crap times out. In my case it is always CarPlay, so within 30-45 seconds of startup after the lawyer crap times out and my wireless carplay dongle initializes CarPlay comes up.

I haven't seen the OEM map come up in maybe a year.
im On vacation with my wife’s car right now but I’m gonna have to try this when I get back. Sometimes my car keeps it on the radio screen with SXM, sometimes it returns to the map/radio split scree PSN and I’d rather keep it on the radio. The map isn’t very useful to me because I use the CarPlay with Waze when I don’t know where I’m going.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums