Canada - issues with "Genesis connect" app (remote start)?

Can_chingu

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Living in Montreal, and it's been almost a week now the Genesis Connected Services app (Apple version) shows error "We cannot process your request. Please check, as it appears your engine has not been started in recent days or your vehicle is in a poor network coverage area" when trying to do a remote start. In fact, it also shows same error when trying to obtain vehicle status (last successful connection was on Nov 20th).
I also noticed the "weather information" in the display shows "loading" but never shows any details in fact.
Anyone else with this issue? Is a common problem in Quebec/Canada?
Otherwise I will point to an issue with the LTE Modem in my car.
Thanks in advance!

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Protru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
In Montreal too, had the exact same issue. Got my car last week, worked a few days then stopped Saturday and gave the same error till I called them today. All they had me do was turn on the car, hold down MAP and SETUP buttons together for 5 seconds until the screen reset itself.

It is now working again, let's see how long it lasts. It sounds like they didn't do anything on their end just needed the reset. Also she told me it will not reset any of the settings I've done but I didn't check that myself.

Can_chingu

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
In Montreal too, had the exact same issue. Got my car last week, worked a few days then stopped Saturday and gave the same error till I called them today. All they had me do was turn on the car, hold down MAP and SETUP buttons together for 5 seconds until the screen reset itself.

It is now working again, let's see how long it lasts. It sounds like they didn't do anything on their end just needed the reset. Also she told me it will not reset any of the settings I've done but I didn't check that myself.
Thanks Protru, I’ll give it a try

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners