Canadian Genesis Brake Fluid Recall

kev4

Registered Member
Canadian owners of the Genesis sedan are included in the recall for replacement of the DOT 3 fluid for DOT 4 brake fluid. I just had my car done, only took 45 min. Thanks to Maple Ridge Hyundai for the great service. I was told that each owner will receive the recall notice in the mail on the first week of November.

Last edited:

375ponies

Hasn't posted much yet...
Canadian owners of the Genesis sedan are included in the recall for replacement of the DOT 3 fluid for DOT 4 brake fluid. I just had my car done, only took 45 min. Thanks to Maple Ridge Hyundai for the great service. I was told that each owner will receive the recall notice in the mail on the first week of November.
Still haven't gotten anything. My main concern is with ABS hecu units; i'll insist on replacing all of them since i have no idea how damaged they are now (my car is 2009)

Ram Air

Registered Member
I took my R-SPEC in today for an oil change and the brake fluid change (I didn't receive any letter from Hyundai. I reminded them to check for recalls.). After 1.5 hours they told me they couldn't get rid of the ABS light. They assume that some gunk was flushed through to the "unit". A replacement is on order and should be in tomorrow. We'll see!
For now I have a Fusion since all the courtesy cars are out. I will say this: they were doing all they could to make me happy. They even offered to deliver the car and take back the rental.

Waki

Registered Member
Had my brake fluid replaced in June. In for sensor replacement and told there was a bulletin. Don't ever count on Hyundai Canada.....for anything ! They are disgraceful !:confused:

katman0

Been here awhile...
Had my brake fluid replaced in June. In for sensor replacement and told there was a bulletin. Don't ever count on Hyundai Canada.....for anything ! They are disgraceful !:confused:
I had mine changed during the summer while the car was in for the stereo head unit change. I asked the dealer to check on the brake fluid service after reading about the issues here in the forum.

Ram Air

Registered Member
Got the car back yesterday. The service manager said they replaced the brake master cylinder. Apparently, the level sensor in the unit became stuck when bleeding the brakes. Rather than play with it for hours they replaced it. For all my troubles they didn't charge me for the oil change; and, someone will come to the house to put in a new air filter when it comes in on Monday.
Can't complain! They're bustin their buns to keep me happy.

genie

Still haven't gotten anything. My main concern is with ABS hecu units; i'll insist on replacing all of them since i have no idea how damaged they are now (my car is 2009)
Hello. I just wondered if you have further information about replacement of the HECU module. Have you made that request ? If so, what was the response?

375ponies

Hello. I just wondered if you have further information about replacement of the HECU module. Have you made that request ? If so, what was the response?
No, didn't get any letters from Hyundai. Going to call them tmrw and ask what's going on.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.