Canadian Lease Rates and Residuals are Out - Yikes

hd222

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't know why everyone thinks this. I literally just cross shopped genesis, bmw, audi, mercedes for my wife's car last month and am currently doing the same for me, and no one is giving out deals on cars. The only "deals" are maybe some factory rebates or if you're after a car no one wants in a color no one wants. Every car I've looked at, driven, and debated buying in the last month is selling at or over sticker.
You can still get bmw's are 6-11% off msrp depending on the model.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can still get bmw's are 6-11% off msrp depending on the model.
which is exactly what i said.

"The only "deals" are maybe some factory rebates or if you're after a car no one wants in a color no one wants"

hd222

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
which is exactly what i said.

"The only "deals" are maybe some factory rebates or if you're after a car no one wants in a color no one wants"
So no one wants a bmw? 3 and 5 series any color you want discount is pre-incentive. You really dont know how to negotiate do you? lol a real hyundai fanboi.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So no one wants a bmw? 3 and 5 series any color you want discount is pre-incentive. You really dont know how to negotiate do you? lol a real hyundai fanboi.
go to a dealer and try to get 10% off MSRP on a loaded m340 in white or black. Ill wait

I am far from a fanboi. Ive had BMW, Audi, GM, Ford, Dodge and Hyundai and only buy if the price and features are right, regardless of logo on the car.

I recently (april/may) tried to get into a BMW 3 or Audi 4 but no good deals were to be had and ended up with the g70, and am currently looking at x3/q5s as well as wanting to pick up a new half or 3/4 ton pickup, and again, no deals unless i want to get into a base/bare bones model.

inventory is low across all manufacturers. Most dealers only have the less desirable models sitting on their lots for an extended period of time. The more desirable models are selling quickly at or above MSRP, and dealers know this. They are perfectly fine letting someone walk because they wont give 5k off it, when they know they will have plenty of people coming in to buy at full price.

as for negotiating, maybe im trash at it. My last car i bought, 21 g70, i was only able to get 7k off the msrp for it.

roastpuff

Hasn't posted much yet...
Vancouver, BC
csu87 - where are you located? This is the Canadian thread, and the Canadian auto market is markedly different to the US auto market. We do not have (yet) the crazy markups and rise that the American new/used car market is seeing, and discounts can still be had.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners