Cannot find Prestige 3.5 w/ Dune nationwide; Defecting from Land Rover

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Love the GV80. Cannot find a Prestige 3.5 w/ Dune interior nationwide. Is it actually possible it will take one to two years to see any 2021 or 2022s? I cannot even seem to order one!!!!! I don't know the reality of on the ground Hyundai inventory patterns. I was told Palisades is indeed two years back ordered.

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Genesis Concierge sent me links to a few dealers who have it with Dune interior, it also depends on the exterior color or whether you’re flexible on that. I’m not so I made a booking through my local dealer (Bayside, NY) and was told it would be at least three months.

G-638325

Thank you so much. Three months would be amazing. I’m also flexible. I’ll connect with Concierge.

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Genesis Concierge sent me links to a few dealers who have it with Dune interior, it also depends on the exterior color or whether you’re flexible on that. I’m not so I made a booking through my local dealer (Bayside, NY) and was told it would be at least three months.
Thx so much. I’ll try Concierge. I tried Atlanta Genesis, largest in the country, but they gave no time estimate.

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Thx so much. I’ll try Concierge. I tried Atlanta Genesis, largest in the country, but they gave no time estimate.
Las Vegas has the one I want but they are charging a $5000+ markup and won’t deliver it (I’m in NYC), so I chose to wait. I tested the one in Bedford, OH and that’s been sold, but they also put a booking in for me. Both Bedford and Bayside said MSRP, no markup.

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Wow. That’s crazy. I would wait too. I’m in DC. There are none here. I’d pay to ship it in a minute, but they don’t exist. And 5k over MSRP is gouging for sure.

Ptcrusn

Registered Member
Love the GV80. Cannot find a Prestige 3.5 w/ Dune interior nationwide. Is it actually possible it will take one to two years to see any 2021 or 2022s? I cannot even seem to order one!!!!! I don't know the reality of on the ground Hyundai inventory patterns. I was told Palisades is indeed two years back ordered.
Check Genesis of Colorado Springs. They have or are getting a white one.

Gurgeh

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis does not permit true factory orders, unlike Land Rover, Audi, Lincoln, and other non-Asian luxury automakers. As I understand it, the best you can do is register a specific configuration and then just wait to see if a vehicle at some point rolls off a ship with your specifications, allowing your dealer to try to nab it for you. Not allowing factory orders is a way of saving manufacturing costs, I guess, but it sure can be annoying for someone who wants a particular combination of colors with a specific configuration and is willing to wait a few months for it.

Markbridge

Registered Member
SE Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Genesisofdublin.com (Ohio) has a Gold Coast Silver w/Dune 3.5T Prestige that is being used as a demonstrator. (I know, their web page doesn't say this, but I am 99% certain of this) I purchased my Lima Red w/Beige 3.5T Prestige from them on Wednesday but didn't see the unit, wanted to but just concentrated on making the purchase since I live out of town and didn't have a lot of time. Give Jim Linsey, Genesis salesman, a call at 614-889-2441. BTW, they discount their GV80s by $1,800.

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
UPDATE. Chased down all leads, nothing. Looking for 3.5 Prestige Blue or Him. Grey w/ dune interior. Simply not available. Vegas dealership was asking something like 86k! I will patiently wait or think of trying something else. Going back to Lexus is always a tempting option.

Markbridge

Registered Member
SE Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
UPDATE. Chased down all leads, nothing. Looking for 3.5 Prestige Blue or Him. Grey w/ dune interior. Simply not available. Vegas dealership was asking something like 86k! I will patiently wait or think of trying something else. Going back to Lexus is always a tempting option.
Did not Genesis of Dublin not have a Gold Coast Silver w/Dune?

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
They said no, but I was looking intently for Himalayan Grey and Adriatic Blue for sure. Maybe they do have it tucked away, but I didn't care for that color anyway.

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I have "orders" in, but it will likely be three months or more. Genesis "orders" aren't really orders, as others have pointed out.

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
They said no, but I was looking intently for Himalayan Grey and Adriatic Blue for sure. Maybe they do have it tucked away, but I didn't care for that color anyway.
I saw this on YT last night, a dealership in TX, I think. It was made during the storm last week, so maybe they still have some inventory that's of interest:

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Thanks. Just called them. They said 3.5s are only on order and they've been taking orders for the past year. Encouraged me to "place an order." Already done that in two different dealerships. It's a feeding frenzy on these right now. Time to eject.

Markbridge

Registered Member
SE Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I understand your frustration. The dune interior was our first choice as well. However, as you know, when a model is so new, and in such demand, it's a good idea to have a 2nd and, perhaps, a 3rd option. For us, we also liked the "Beige w/Urban Ground" and in the end we decided on the Lima Red with the beige/urban ground. (What we would not compromise over is the trim, we definitely wanted the Prestige trim, which really made things difficult in finding what we wanted). Genesis of Dublin got a blue and a red with the beige interior, we went with the red because we already had a SL450 with the Brilliant Blue w/white interior.

That said, I wanted to mention that there is a Himalayan Prestige at Genesis of Wexford (PA). Or, let me say their web site states they have one, problem is, it's been listed for at least a month and I can't believe it's still there, but it's still on their web page. Thing is, it has the Beige w/Black interior. Personally I like the look. I really like the light wood. Actually I like the interior more than the exterior, but you did indicate you liked the Himalayan Grey.

Anyway, if you're interested, here's the link: 2021 Genesis GV80 for sale in Wexford - KMUHCESC7MU030851 - Genesis of Wexford

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Thanks so much! I am off to Wexford tomorrow to grab it. I love the wood as well, only worried about keeping that light beige clean. My daughter goes back to school at Grove City tomorrow and the drop off is perfect! I will finalize details with them tomorrow!! Thanks again.

jimmak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
We have a 3.5TT Prestige in Himalayan Gray with Beige and Black interior. We think the color combination is gorgeous. The light color wood really makes it look luxurious .

ASLAN

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
We have a 3.5TT Prestige in Himalayan Gray with Beige and Black interior. We think the color combination is gorgeous. The light color wood really makes it look luxurious .
Thanks! It is stunning. And a little ceramic leather protectant should do the trick. I hope it’s still there. Will know more in the
morning.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums