CarPlay Crashing

Maya_Sport

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I will be occasionally cruising around listening to Apple Music via CarPlay when the software freezes up. One of two things will happen next. It will either begin to operate normally after 5-10 seconds of silence or CarPlay disconnects entirely and restarts. I am using an iPhone X and tried several cables to isolate the issue with no luck.

I have not done a thorough test with another device but wondering if anyone else has run into the issue or has recommendations. Thanks!

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I will be occasionally cruising around listening to Apple Music via CarPlay when the software freezes up. One of two things will happen next. It will either begin to operate normally after 5-10 seconds of silence or CarPlay disconnects entirely and restarts. I am using an iPhone X and tried several cables to isolate the issue with no luck.

I have not done a thorough test with another device but wondering if anyone else has run into the issue or has recommendations. Thanks!
How often does it happen. I also have an X and have seen it freeze maybe twice but I don’t think I’ve seen an outright crash. For me, this just seems like a buggy OS thing but this is my first car with CarPlay

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
what version of the mapnsoft software do you have? I had this issue with version 12 in my G80, when I went to 12.5 it went away.

Maya_Sport

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would say it happens most (75%) of the time I use it. It usually happens within the first 10-15 minutes of operation. My drives are typically pretty short so I will need to test further if long drives have a different experience.

As for internal software, I will need to check. Assuming that information is buried in the system menus somewhere?

Thanks for quick replies.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I would say it happens most (75%) of the time I use it. It usually happens within the first 10-15 minutes of operation. My drives are typically pretty short so I will need to test further if long drives have a different experience.

As for internal software, I will need to check. Assuming that information is buried in the system menus somewhere?

Thanks for quick replies.
on the G80 it is under general, system info.

there will be a S/W version and a MAP version number, those can be cross referenced on mapnsofts site to the release version.

MAP version 11.47.44.462.204.2 for example is Release 12.5

Chark

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Out of curiosity, how many songs are in your music library? I've got something along the lines of 12,000+ and my system will often choke on that many. What I've found to work well is to use the playlist feature to limit the number. I've been listening to my "Never Played" list of around 2,000 songs and it works perfectly.

Maya_Sport

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks everyone. I did some digging and have new information.

Out of curiosity, how many songs are in your music library? I've got something along the lines of 12,000+ and my system will often choke on that many. What I've found to work well is to use the playlist feature to limit the number. I've been listening to my "Never Played" list of around 2,000 songs and it works perfectly.
Most of my playlists are 100-200 songs. Additionally, I took a longer drive today while using Waze only and still ran into the same crashing issue.

on the G80 it is under general, system info.

there will be a S/W version and a MAP version number, those can be cross referenced on mapnsofts site to the release version.

MAP version 11.47.44.462.204.2 for example is Release 12.5

Currently running these versions. Anyone with a G70 seeing anything different? I am having the call taken in for scheduled maintenance this week and may ask them to make updates if there are any.

Thanks again!

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks everyone. I did some digging and have new information.

Most of my playlists are 100-200 songs. Additionally, I took a longer drive today while using Waze only and still ran into the same crashing issue.

View attachment 19316

Currently running these versions. Anyone with a G70 seeing anything different? I am having the call taken in for scheduled maintenance this week and may ask them to make updates if there are any.

Thanks again!

yeah that is software release 12, (http://www.mapnsoft.com/media/manual/v12/New Map Features Hyundai America Gen 4.pdf)

same version I had with the issue. Version 13 is out now, carplay was fixed with my version 12.5 and I updated to 13 today.

dealer might not be able to upgrade it, you might have to order it (it is free for 3 years to new owners) from the mapnsoft site, there are like 4 threads about it here explaining how to get the update.

jaxsully

Hasn't posted much yet...
Sunny FLorida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a new 2019 G70 Sport with an iPhone XS and having the same issue. It will lock up and freeze. I will check my version as well and post back.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.