CarPlay Music Quality

Thread starter #1

DuDeLY82

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey,
Is anyone having problems with Apple CarPlay ?

When using CarPlay, saved music quality is bad even though they’re 320kbps. But when I connect my iPod classic and listening to the same songs, the sound quality is fantastic. Can’t seem to be able to get better quality from my iPhone using CarPlay.

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey,
Is anyone having problems with Apple CarPlay ?

When using CarPlay, saved music quality is bad even though they’re 320kbps. But when I connect my iPod classic and listening to the same songs, the sound quality is fantastic. Can’t seem to be able to get better quality from my iPhone using CarPlay.
I’m using my iPhone X as my music source with Apple CarPlay and there’s no music quality issues with my iPhone. The music files on my iPhone are a mix of 800-900kbps lossless compress songs ripped directly from CDs and 256kbps songs bought from iTunes.

Thread starter #3

DuDeLY82

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don’t know if it’s my phone or the car. Using iPhone XS. Changed the cable and fiddled with the music settings but can’t get the music to be crisp like when I connect my iPod.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Don’t know if it’s my phone or the car. Using iPhone XS. Changed the cable and fiddled with the music settings but can’t get the music to be crisp like when I connect my iPod.
What are your settings in the phone under general —> music.

Check the eq settings. Should be set to flat for anything other than earphones/AirPods. As it has a horrible effect on the audio output when piping through an amplified system.

Make sure the volume on the iPhone is all the way up and the volume limit is off.

Turn on sound check, this forces all music to be played at the same volume ignoring the ID3 tag volume setting. So if a song is ripped incorrectly iTunes will fix it so it plays correctly.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thanks for the reply. My settings are already as you posted.
Does the iPod come up in CarPlay or as a sub device?

Have you checked the cars sound settings, they are different for each source, I’ve found turning off surround sound gives superior sound quality for usb devices and blue tooth devices.

Thread starter #8
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does the iPod come up in CarPlay or as a sub device?

Have you checked the cars sound settings, they are different for each source, I’ve found turning off surround sound gives superior sound quality for usb devices and blue tooth devices.
The iPod comes as a sub device.

I tried turning off the car’s surround sound, iPhone’s equalizer to flat, then off, sound check on then off. All the same. Even removed all the songs then synced them back. Think I should try restoring my iPhone ?

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The iPod comes as a sub device.

I tried turning off the car’s surround sound, iPhone’s equalizer to flat, then off, sound check on then off. All the same. Even removed all the songs then synced them back. Think I should try restoring my iPhone ?

Hard to say without hearing and knowing the issue.

I know my iPhone as a Bluetooth device has horrible sound quality, as a CarPlay device its better, but the best is having all my music as ALAC (apples version of FLAC). There is no comparison, ALAC is 100 times better quality Than AAC or MP3

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.