Catback Exhaust for 3.8 2015 Sedan

newengland15

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hello all,

I am making this post in regards to the exhaust situation I’m at right now. Earlier this month i bought two Magnaflow 10416’s to use as mufflers for my Genesis. I chose those cause I have read on here, seen videos of them installed and working and liked the sound. However, the mechanic I went to see to check it out and install it said there’s no way it was gonna fit. Bummer. I’m over it now and returning them as we speak, but now I have another question. I know magnaflow also makes a a catback for the 2015-16 genesis, (part #19116) but only specified for the v8 version. Now when you look it up on various websites it says it’s not compatible with the 3.8 engine, however I brought it up to the mechanic and he said if it’s just the piping diameter which is 2.5, which my OEM pipes from the cats back are around 2ish, he said he could install on the 3.8 no problem. But then again everytime I look it up it says it’s not compatible. I wanted to get a second opinion because the exhaust setup looks identical in the diagram compared to my 3.8 and this is really the only place to find some help cause Genesis modifications are rather seldom in the car world, let alone the 3.8 second gen. Any thoughts, facts, or other suggestions?

TL;DR can I use the magnaflow #19116 catback for the v8 genesis on my 3.8?

Link to the exhaust system

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Hello all,

I am making this post in regards to the exhaust situation I’m at right now. Earlier this month i bought two Magnaflow 10416’s to use as mufflers for my Genesis. I chose those cause I have read on here, seen videos of them installed and working and liked the sound. However, the mechanic I went to see to check it out and install it said there’s no way it was gonna fit. Bummer. I’m over it now and returning them as we speak, but now I have another question. I know magnaflow also makes a a catback for the 2015-16 genesis, (part #19116) but only specified for the v8 version. Now when you look it up on various websites it says it’s not compatible with the 3.8 engine, however I brought it up to the mechanic and he said if it’s just the piping diameter which is 2.5, which my OEM pipes from the cats back are around 2ish, he said he could install on the 3.8 no problem. But then again everytime I look it up it says it’s not compatible. I wanted to get a second opinion because the exhaust setup looks identical in the diagram compared to my 3.8 and this is really the only place to find some help cause Genesis modifications are rather seldom in the car world, let alone the 3.8 second gen. Any thoughts, facts, or other suggestions?

TL;DR can I use the magnaflow #19116 catback for the v8 genesis on my 3.8?

Link to the exhaust system

[/URL]
Found this one here - Looks like 3.8, doesn't say for sure though.
2015 Hyundai Genesis Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust - Quad Split Rear Exit

newengland15

Genesis Model Type
Yes thanks for your reply, trust me I’ve looked everywhere. I’m no longer looking for the catback for the 3.8 that doesn’t exist. I’m just trying to figure out if the one for the 5.0 can be compatible with my 3.8 before I wing it and make a pretty large purchase. Any insight into that specific dilemma would be much appreciated.

NGHTKNG

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm purchasing a 2016 3.8 Sedan this weekend and have to come to the same conclusion (there are no 3.8L sedan exhausts). I think I read a thread somewhere that said the 5.0L exhaust would bolt right up to the 3.8 sedan with no modifications (someone had done it).

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums