• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Ceramic Coated Sport Wheels

CVODON

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Over the weekend I took the wheels off the car, cleaned with Iron-X, buffed with 3" Orange Pad with Consumer Grade Compound then finish buffed with White Pad using Mothers Pure Polish. Wiped down twice with CarPro Eraser then applied 2 coats of CarPro Dlux. I think appearance is great and as of tuesday the finish is very smooth & slick. Also cleaned with Iron-X and then buffed the face of the calipers, wiped down with Eraser then applied 3 coats of the Dlux to them. 20200321_165807.jpg
I have to admit it was a labor intensive job. The product is more difficult to apply evenly than the Cquartz 3.0 I used on the car, Second coat was a lot easier, less "dragging" of the applicator. Would be better if you had some kind of rack to hold and allow wheel to be spun but I just put them on work bench and rotated.
Must say satisfied with everything I have tried from CarPro. The Dlux came in a 30ml bottle, only used a little less than half so it goes along way. FYI.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks awesome. I wish I had those wheels, they look way better than the 18s on the 2019 AWD V6 and about ten times easier to clean.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums