Ceramic Coating :)

2450NW

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Bend, Oregon
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
When you say it looks fantastic, do you mean "better than" before the coating?
Yes. The GV80 was beautiful before the coating and even moreso now. While the original looked good, one could see very minor differences in surface finish. With the coating, it looks entirely uniform. It is, of course, too soon to know if that will last....

vicdary1

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Yes. The GV80 was beautiful before the coating and even moreso now. While the original looked good, one could see very minor differences in surface finish. With the coating, it looks entirely uniform. It is, of course, too soon to know if that will last....
Thankyou

Adolescent

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Dealer said diamond ceramic coating is already being added to my GV70. $1,500.00. Say he is doing it at cost.

Lionorion

2022 GV70 Sport Advanced Mauna Red/Sevilla Red
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mukilteo
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

2450NW

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Bend, Oregon
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
LQQK...
Yes, I think it is. From the author's description--I must've got the Silver. I looked at the Warranty Card and it showed 1 coat on wheels and calipers, 2 coats on all windows (the windshield was an optional check box, but not checked, so I presume the window got no treatment), and the "Silver Exterior Package". The manufacturer's website is, Ceramic Pro - The Global Leader in Nanoceramic Surface Protection.

I have sent the video you posted to the owner of Perfection Plus (the Redmond, Oregon company that did the job) for his comment. I'll post here whatever he has to say about it....

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
LQQK...
Yes, I think it is. From the author's description--I must've got the Silver. I looked at the Warranty Card and it showed 1 coat on wheels and calipers, 2 coats on all windows (the windshield was an optional check box, but not checked, so I presume the window got no treatment), and the "Silver Exterior Package". The manufacturer's website is, Ceramic Pro - The Global Leader in Nanoceramic Surface Protection.

I have sent the video you posted to the owner of Perfection Plus (the Redmond, Oregon company that did the job) for his comment. I'll post here whatever he has to say about it....
You might wanna check out some of his other long-term and completed test videos. They are very informative, he doesn't BS or get paid by the companies to use or push Brand-X. Very eye-opening.

mikemu30

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
For $15, you can try this:

71faLLM95hL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am interested in whether Ceramic coating (which seems to cost at least $1,500 if done by Genesis) is worth it.

I am sure it looks great once completed, but how many years does it last before you need a new application?

seabeetle

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just joined today after getting my 2020. That is beautiful! Will consider doing the same...

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

2450NW

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Bend, Oregon
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I am interested in whether Ceramic coating (which seems to cost at least $1,500 if done by Genesis) is worth it.

I am sure it looks great once completed, but how many years does it last before you need a new application?
NJRonbo:
For two reasons, I suggest you to look around your area for shops that do professional treatments before having your local Genesis shop do it: 1) The price is apt to be less at a pro shop, and 2) you will have the job done by people that specialize in ceramic coating. My guess is that if you had your local Genesis place "do" the job, they'd contract it out to a pro anyway and you'd pay for both the pro and your dealer's contracting fee.

hawks4life

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Dealer said diamond ceramic coating is already being added to my GV70. $1,500.00. Say he is doing it at cost.
I was told by my dealer that the dealer cost was $500. They did it forvfree for me

shuvo_2000

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
So from all the reading I get that the dealer installed coats don't last long. My brother recently got a mazda that was dealer coated and it is showing waterspots and no waterbeading after 6 months. In Toronto I got a quote for full front ppf (hood, bumper, fenders, headlight, mirrors) and 5 year ceramic coating for $2000. If I want to upgrade the ceramic to graphine and warranty for 10 years the total quote is $2300. To maintain warranty, I have to go every year for a checkup and they add coating in case it loses integrity.

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am wondering if the results you get out of a bottle equal what is done professionally.

There seem to be a number of products you guys have recommended in this thread. Though more frequent applications would be required, I am wondering if I could get away spending hundreds over the lifetime of my vehicle using those sprays as opposed to spending thousands.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners