Ceramic Sealant

lt2211

Sustaining Member
Rockton, Illinois 61072
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I went to get my car waxed. While there I asked about ceramic sealers. They indicated they just started doing them and had good feedback on them. They had a special on ceramic $220, complete. I had it done and really like it. Very shiney and when it does rain, the rain is reduced too thousands of very tiny droplets that easily roll on the slick surface. Using my battery operated leaf blower, I was able to blow the droplets off the surface, to bone dry, in about 5 minutes. It looked like it had never been in the rain. So far I am liking ceramic.

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I went to get my car waxed. While there I asked about ceramic sealers. They indicated they just started doing them and had good feedback on them. They had a special on ceramic $220, complete. I had it done and really like it. Very shiney and when it does rain, the rain is reduced too thousands of very tiny droplets that easily roll on the slick surface. Using my battery operated leaf blower, I was able to blow the droplets off the surface, to bone dry, in about 5 minutes. It looked like it had never been in the rain. So far I am liking ceramic.
Wonder how long it lasts vs regular wax. The price is not bad!!

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I was told 2 years, if kept in the garage at night. It has a hardness factor of around 9 and may act to resist minor scarcthes and chips. My experience with normal car wax has been 6 months to 1 year.
Not bad if its two years!! I wax our cars twice a year also.

omegafiler

Getting familiar with the group...
TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm a big fan of ceramic coating. Lasts much longer than normal wax, better protection. Which up until recently, had been doing forever. My G80 already had it applied via dealer trade.

Won't stop rock chips or anything, but a minor scuff will usually wipe off. Cleans way easier.

And that's a great price if they applied properly.

lt2211

Sustaining Member
Rockton, Illinois 61072
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm a big fan of ceramic coating. Lasts much longer than normal wax, better protection. Which up until recently, had been doing forever. My G80 already had it applied via dealer trade.

Won't stop rock chips or anything, but a minor scuff will usually wipe off. Cleans way easier.

And that's a great price if they applied properly.
Hopefully it is applied correctly. They kept the car inside their work area overnight. Apparently it needed to be inside for 8-12 hours to complete the process.

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That is a very good price for ceramic coating. Do you know what brand they used?

lt2211

Sustaining Member
Rockton, Illinois 61072
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That is a very good price for ceramic coating. Do you know what brand they used?
No, I don't but I will see the guy next week and ask. He indicated the suggested amount to charge was considerably more but he didn't think that price would go up here in far Northern Illinois. He wanted to get folks introduced to it first hoping they would be happy and pass the word.

Sparky0316

Chicago
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
May I ask where in Northern Illinois did you have it applied? I would like to have the ceramic coating as well, but I've seen prices way higher than $220 locally.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

BillN

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm not complaining :) As mentioned before everything is cheaper up here. Gas was $1.69 this morning.I will check and see exactly what product they use. Maybe that figures into the low price.
Did you mean $2.69?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.