Changes for 2017/2018?

Skeezix

Registered Member
I'm targeting a used 2016/2017/2018 Hyundai Genesis/Genesis G80, but can’t find a list of what changed year over year, so hoping all here can assist.

It looks like 2015/2016 models were identical. 2017 was the first year as a G80, but still no changes from 2015/2016. 2018 seems to offer a revised front facia new trans handle, and the Sport trim with the Singer’s 3.3T engine.

If anyone can advise of year-to-year changes, I’d be very grateful, as well as any problem areas I should watch for.

Thanks!

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

drumdudeguy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Charlotte NC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I know when I was shopping the 2018 G80 Standard had a better looking front end (more chrome), a larger LCD info screen next to the speedometer, and different wheels.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know when I was shopping the 2018 G80 Standard had a better looking front end (more chrome), a larger LCD info screen next to the speedometer, and different wheels.
Wrong. There is no difference in the front end, the LCD info screen is the same and the wheels didn't change either.

drumdudeguy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Charlotte NC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I knew there was something else. I believe you are correct. I really liked the front end redesign. Was kind of plain earlier. Although I liked the 2017 wheels better.

Don88

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I believe the "Shift by Wire" was a 2018 change.

Skeezix

Registered Member
Were LED headlights and wireless charging new for 2018, or could you get those things in a 2017?

I know the shift-by-wire was new for 2018, but I'd be happy with a 2017 (and maybe save some $$) if that and new 18" wheels were the only change for 2018.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Skeezix

Registered Member
Thanks so much vmi9d3!! Please post back here in this thread with your findings and I will do the same. I don't think the difference between 2017/2018 has been post anywhere on the forums yet.

vmi9d3

Odenton, MD
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks so much vmi9d3!! Please post back here in this thread with your findings and I will do the same. I don't think the difference between 2017/2018 has been post anywhere on the forums yet.
I am one of those types that love spreadsheets, here is what i have for the features I wanted to pay attention to. I think I got most of the big ones. I think it is self explanatory, if not let me know.
G80/ 2017G80/ 2018
Used price I have found in my area $31-36k >$36K
Safety Features
Adaptive Cruise Control X X
Blind Spot Monitor X X
Brake AssistXX
Forward Collision WarningX
Rear Parking AidO- PremiumO
Lane Departure WarningXX
Lane Keeping AssistXX
Cross-Traffic AlertXX
Extras
Heated Front SeatsXX
Heated Steering WheelO - AWDO - AWD
Ventilated Front Seats (D/P)O- PremiumO- Premium
Apple playXX
MPG (city/hwy) - type of gas19/27 Regular19/25 Regular
AWD/FWD/RWDRWD/AWDRWD/AWD
Engine Type (V6/4-cyl turbo)/HPV6/ 3.8L/311V6/ 3.8L/311
Leather SeatsXX
Nice To Have Extras
Surround-View CameraN/AO- Ultimate Package
Heads-Up DisplayO- Ultimate PackageO- Ultimate Package
Heated Rear SeatsO - AWDO - AWD
Adaptive Headlightsn/an/a
Traffic Sign Recognitionn/an/a
Rain Sensing WipersXX
Fog LightsOO
Remote StartXX
Heated MirrorsXX
Sun/Moon RoofO- PremiumO- Premium
An available Premium package adds ventilated front seats, a sunroof and power sunshade, parking sensors, and a surround-sound stereo. The available Ultimate package adds a larger 9.2-inch infotainment screen, a head-up display, and a power trunk lid. The G80 5.0 trim has a 420-horsepower V8 engine and comes fully loaded with all these features.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.