Changing the rear door lock actuator

kw012

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hey everyone. I just successfully replaced a bad electric door lock actuator on the passenger side rear door of my 2012 R-Spec. I do not have a shop manual. Hyundai sure is a clever company. I took pictures and noted the tools used. Can anyone tell me how to share this job with narrative and the pictures? Is it even something of interest? I think it could also serve purpose if a window motor and/or regulator needed replacement, and changing the glass, too.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
tech write-up are always helpful.

if you are on a PC you should be able to just write a new post and drag and drop the images into where you want them,, from a phone or tablet it's a little trickier as you have to share your photo album and select each image one at a time.

might be best to email the images to yourself and do from a PC.

G-922132

tech write-up are always helpful.

if you are on a PC you should be able to just write a new post and drag and drop the images into where you want them,, from a phone or tablet it's a little trickier as you have to share your photo album and select each image one at a time.

might be best to email the images to yourself and do from a PC.
Thanks. So I can write it with MS Word, for instance?

Hollywoodjblaq

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Question, did you have to reprogram anything when you replaced the actuator? I'm taking on this job tomorrow for my Genesis.

kw012

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Question, did you have to reprogram anything when you replaced the actuator? I'm taking on this job tomorrow for my Genesis.
Nothing to reprogram. plug and play. Note, you will have to disconnect the window glass from the regulator and lift the glass up and out of the way. I used strong packaging tape to secure it on the outer surface. I liked how easily the door panel comes off without a lot of clips. None broke! There are two blank covers to easily remove at the armrest and door handle recessed location to start the job and get at fasteners. I did not remove any of the plastic window trim to get the door panel off. Just two wire connections and it's free. I took pictures of some of the tricky connections as not to forget. I actually enjoyed the job and was around 2 hours doing it. By researching various other Hyundai actuator jobs online I found that they all have similar steps to do the job. I found one for the genesis that just detailed removal of the door handle and seal. Very easy and clever and necessary.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums