• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Check engine light codes

Madison

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My new 2019 G70 check engine light keeps coming on some of the codes listed were P00B00, P25AC, and P2587.
100 miles and the dealer doesn't have a clue.
How do I find out what these codes are

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My new 2019 G70 check engine light keeps coming on some of the codes listed were P00B00, P25AC, and P2587.
100 miles and the dealer doesn't have a clue.
How do I find out what these codes are
What do you mean that your dealer doesn’t have a clue? Like they pulled the codes, shrugged their shoulders and sent you on your way?

Madison

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I purchased the car on the 20th of February. In 8 days I have had it a total of 1. They reset the light and give it back to me and with in 6 hours the light comes back on. They have no idea why, they changed out 2 turbo sensors but that's not fixing the check engine light.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
OBD-II Trouble Code Chart
You can try at the site hereabove. Those first two you entered may be invalid.

Most auto parts stores will run codes for you and tell you what they mean. I assume that you do not have the car at this time? If you have the car you can go to the parts store (O'Reilly, AllPro and others) and they will do what the dealer will not or cannot.

You should not have to do this. However, this is a secondary option if the dealer, or another local dealer fail in their responsibility.

Madison

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thank you for this information. The dealer has the car I won't hear anything until Monday,Tuesday.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Every owner should invest in an OBD reader, in my opinion. A simple read/erase only version is ~100$ and can be so much worth it and also used on all your cars and friend's and neighbor's. It helps to know if the code is a critical issue or a minor item and the code explanation booklet that comes with it should have some info about each code and what it represents. Or one can search online for that code and determine the general cost of repair and other information. That is the value of Onboard Diagnostic system. A basic understanding for owner access takes five minutes of reading the OBD reader guide that comes with the tool and from there you are golden.

Madison

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They really don't know why, they claim that Genesis is working with them by computer to find the issue.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They really don't know why, they claim that Genesis is working with them by computer to find the issue.
Sounds right. To me it sounds like they’re taking all the steps to get you fixed up. Having the head techs remote in to fix something is not unheard of. The delay sucks, but they’re still moving forward at least

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't understand why Genesis/Hyundai dealers have such a hard time diagnosing things like this. *They should know what every code means and how to troubleshoot them*!! It's ridiculous that they have to always ask their tech line about EVERYTHING. It makes me feel like our dealers are completely incompetent.

Of course, take my comments with a grain of salt. I've had horrible experiences with my dealer and it has skewed my perception of all Genesis dealers.

Edit: this is what I found...

P00B0 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control “B” Module Performance

P25AC Piston Cooling Oil Control Circuit Performance/Stuck Off

P2587 Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor “B” Circuit Range/Performance

Last edited:

Madison

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This dealer acts like they have never looked under the hood of a car before. They gave me the codes and told me they were waiting for a Genesis tech to get back to them as to what to do. I think they need to go for hands on training

Madison

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well another week here and gone. My new car hasn't moved at the dealership. They are still waiting on Genesis Tech. Friday I was informed that they believe they should here something this week.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums