• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cling wrap

xKingfisher

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I noticed this morning, the dealer did a pretty poor job of removing the protective cling film from my car.

There's a bunch around the door trim and the base of the seats. Is there a good way to get it off besides taking a knife to it?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you are going to take a sharp object to it, I would recommend a new blade (for box cutters, etc) so you don't have to push too much and accidentally scratch/tear something

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks kinda like Scotch tape, yeah?

Do not use a knife. Use fingernails and rubbing alcohol. It got mine off. It requires a good amount of scrubbing and scraping, but it's safer that way so you don't scratch anything.

xKingfisher

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, kind of like scotch tape.
The most annoying one is there'es like an inch or so it it sticking out from the plastic between the front seats and the center console. Not necessarily visible, but knowing that it is there bugs me.

And a little bit around the doors that should come out more easily. Thanks for the tip on the rubbing alcohol/

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, kind of like scotch tape.
The most annoying one is there'es like an inch or so it it sticking out from the plastic between the front seats and the center console. Not necessarily visible, but knowing that it is there bugs me.

And a little bit around the doors that should come out more easily. Thanks for the tip on the rubbing alcohol/
Oh dang, I thought you meant on the exterior on the chrome trim? I didn't know this was on the interior... Maybe don't use rubbing alcohol on that, then. Perhaps try some armor all spray or something similar, use some elbow grease and work it in, that could actually loosen the adhesive without damaging the interior.

I used rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth, and my fingernails, on the tape that was leftover on my exterior dark chrome trim.

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you're close enough I'd take it back and have them do it.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had a bunch of this sticky cling wrap stuff too, around the base of the seats and the interior trim. I thought it was pretty odd that the dealer hadn't done a better job of removing it. I've never seen this on a new car before. WTF!?

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been picking away at this stuff for months, still finding it. Some is very hard to get to and to pull off. 😬 Looks like shit (not "high end" at all).
IMG_20191009_103429.jpg

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums