• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Clock issue on Radio / Nav Screen '18 G80 Premium

PeterPNJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hi All,

I noticed in the past few weeks (and I tried searching the forum, but either nobody else has brought it up or I am searching incorrectly), that when starting the car, the clock on the radio/nav screen reads "--:--" rather than a time. The time will then kick in within 15-20 seconds, but it has sometimes taken up to 2 minutes and one time it was 8 minutes. When I first got the car, the time would pop up right away. I just recently had a service, so I don't think it serious enough to go back just for this, but wanted to hear some opinions.

The first time it happened, I thought maybe some sensor was hot because the car was sitting in a park & ride all day in the sun and 95 degree heat. However, it's been happening day or night without regard to temperature.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas what might be going on? I will bring it up next time I am at the dealer, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Peter

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

PeterPNJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
There are multiple threads about the clock not working about a week ago. Not were the same as yours though, but could be related. I'd try a radio reset first. Use a paper clip or ball pen inserted in the small hole on the front panel. Hold it a few seconds. It is just above and to the right of the CD slot.
I will give that a shot after work today. Thanks!

WPB

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Do you have your clock set to get the time from GPS? That's the way I have mine set. In my garage I don't get a strong enough GPS signal so clock is often blank until I back out.

PeterPNJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Do you have your clock set to get the time from GPS? That's the way I have mine set. In my garage I don't get a strong enough GPS signal so clock is often blank until I back out.
I do have it set to GPS time. However, wouldn't it retain the time from the last time I shut the car off? Also, in my case the car has been left outdoors for the past few weeks.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

WPB

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Besides the clock is anything else wonkey? Namely does the map work when the clock is not working. Maybe a bad or loose antenna connection in the "shark fin" antenna circuit.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums