CNT Racing test pipes on 5.0 r-spec

socal50rspec

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
I know there was some discussion in the past whether the CNT racing test pipes would fit on the V8 sedans or not, well I answered that question this week. Absolute perfect fit, sound great, and the fit and finish is excellent. I did not however use the hardware that comes with the pipes. I used 1/2"-13 x 1 3/4" long stainless steel bolts, with flats, locks, and brass nuts . The half inch bolts fit perfectly in the holes of everything involved and helps to keep everything centered perfectly. Now we know.20181122_135350.jpg

Last edited:

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
Okay cool thanks for responding, I apologize if you answer this question. What are the other mods have you done and what work and what didn't ?

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
Do you think its worth getting the RC2 intake? And would you be so kind to show me pictures under the hood. One more thing is the filter like k&n or do you rinse it out and blow it dry?

edizzle89

Registered Member
Columbus, IN
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Do you think its worth getting the RC2 intake? And would you be so kind to show me pictures under the hood. One more thing is the filter like k&n or do you rinse it out and blow it dry?
Unless you can find a R2C intake used from someone on here dont waste your time with them. I just had to file a dispute with my bank to get my money back from them for an intake I ordered from them over 2 months ago. I was told by them before I ordered that they had the intake in stock and ready to go, I was also told multiple times that is had been shipped but never given a tracking number. Then they stopped answering my phone calls and emails once I started asking for a refund. They are a garbage company that will feed you nothing but lies to keep your money.

For comparison I ordered an intake from SXTH the week of Thanksgiving and recieved it a week later, no hassle, no headache, and was given tracking info once it shipped.

MR.KMAN33

DALLAS,TX
Thank you, I found a used one, but I'm skeptical because of the negative reviews about them. But thank you for responding.

Paul

Jacksonville, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
Man, I was in a 6 month saga with R2C. I finally got Paypal involved and got my money back. Funny thing is shortly after that happened, they allegedly went out of business, stopped answering their phones, the whole ball of wax. Now they're supposedly back up and running. I wouldn't trust those clowns at all.

Paul

Jacksonville, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
I posted a few months ago about the CNT test pipes being a perfect fit, especially with the Magnaflow cat back. Nice mellow sound and just a speck of burble on de-accel. The exhaust is where you will see your gains and most of it will be a modest bump in torque in the midrange. The stock piping actually isn't so bad, but you get an Xpipe and higher flow mufflers with the magnaflow.
Search my posts, I talk about before and after dyno runs with the exhaust and intake. We only picked up a few hp up top with the exhaust but saw some nice gains in the mid-range with peaks between the 3k~4k range at about 6~8ft/lbs.
With a Weapon R intake, which is practically identical to the R2C, we lost power almost everywhere except for a small section in the mid power band. The 5.0 needs to breathe and the piping/filter of the weapon R chokes the motor, especially up top.

More details are in THIS post, but the fact is that anyone that says that they gained any sort of significant power with just an R2C or Weapon R Intake is full of shit. Dyno numbers don't lie.

Kman, read around here a bit and look at some of @Tailwalker 's posts. The factory airbox is extremely well designed you really can't beat it in regards to heat soak and flow with bolt ons such as catback and such.