Connected Care required for Remote start via the app?

JJaX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I really have to pay an additional $60 a year for "Connected Care" just to have remote start which is already $60?

G80.jpg

JeffMill

Registered Member
WA, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Actually, a good thread to keep, as this is such a bizarre business decision for a luxury car that it's hard for me to believe.

Want remote start? Sure, just $60 a year! (Or am I misunderstanding?)

JJaX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Actually, a good thread to keep, as this is such a bizarre business decision for a luxury car that it's hard for me to believe.

$120 a year.

You need connected care ($60) + remote package ($60).

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Others are jumping on the money stream too. Though Cadillac is now free for five years. Unfortunately we will probably see more in the future.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I would like to point out that Destination search and Destination send to car are one of the coolest feature and one feature that I use the most.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
tiered system, and the least expensive one on the market from any car manufacturer, most range from $200-$800 a year for the same services Hyundai gives for free for 3 years then charges $120 a year for it. And most don't have tiers, it's all or nothing.

Last edited:

bubbaG80Sport

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My "free" 3 year subscription is expiring next month. I have no intention of renewing/paying for any of these services.

I have only minimal interest in ..
1) Remote start to warm up interior of car in winter. As my father would say "if your cold put on a coat/sweater".
2) Car locator is a nice feature, but if I'm too intoxicated or old to find my car then I shouldn't be driving anyway.

I've tested/played with all of the connected services features, but do not use/need them regularly.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums