Continuing Problems with service

talltom

Hasn't posted much yet...
I own a 2011 Equus that has had problems with the ride of the car since day one. It was not the same car that I test drove, wrong color. The one that I test drove rode and steered like a dream.
The steering on my car drifts right and left, after three tries by Hyundai at repairing the problems and failing. I had to take the Equus to a company that specialized in alinement of the four car wheels.
Then to another company that found that the Equus tire's were out of balance and out of round. Armed with that information I took my car back to the Equus dealer and they finality replaced two of the tires and balanced all four tires..
MY Equus car still has a rough ride and that has something to do with the Suspension system. When you compare my Equus with any other Equus that I have driven, mine ride like a U-haul truck.
What I have found is that the Equus Customer Connect people are a waste of time, if you have a real problem with an Equus. They are trained to stone wall you if have a serious or a recurring problem.
The only way to get Hyundai Company's attention is to pay for a expert in the field that your car needs repaired in and have your Equus DIAGNOSED, then take that information in to the dealer.
In my experience with dealing with Hyundai, I think that they are working on becoming known as the "YUGO" of the Luxury car business.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
I own a 2011 Equus that has had problems with the ride of the car since day one. It was not the same car that I test drove, wrong color. The one that I test drove rode and steered like a dream.
The steering on my car drifts right and left, after three tries by Hyundai at repairing the problems and failing. I had to take the Equus to a company that specialized in alinement of the four car wheels.
Then to another company that found that the Equus tire's were out of balance and out of round. Armed with that information I took my car back to the Equus dealer and they finality replaced two of the tires and balanced all four tires..
MY Equus car still has a rough ride and that has something to do with the Suspension system. When you compare my Equus with any other Equus that I have driven, mine ride like a U-haul truck.
What I have found is that the Equus Customer Connect people are a waste of time, if you have a real problem with an Equus. They are trained to stone wall you if have a serious or a recurring problem.
The only way to get Hyundai Company's attention is to pay for a expert in the field that your car needs repaired in and have your Equus DIAGNOSED, then take that information in to the dealer.
In my experience with dealing with Hyundai, I think that they are working on becoming known as the "YUGO" of the Luxury car business.

You say it is not the same car you test drove. (Car you test drove was the wrong color).

What you should have done was when you found the car that was the correct color, you should have test drove that car also.

Never drive a car that you have not test driven first. Do not drive one "just like it", as they are replicates, not duplicates. Also, never "order" a car. Once the dealer has your deposit, if the ordered car is not just what you wanted, you will not get your deposit back. Never buy a car from a dealer who will get the car you want from another dealer. Same reason.

Years ago, I ordered cars, and twice I got burned. Once, the car arrived without the "standard equipment" that all the company brocures said it would have. Manufacturer had an out as brocures (in small print) say that manufacturer can make changes. The other car came with two "imperfections" (defects) and dealer said they would correct the problems. Sure. (they have my deposit so what can I do). Dealer improved one of the problems, and never could correct the other. Now, I only buy from stock, after first driving the exact car I'm buying.

talltom

Wise advise, I should have followed it. It would have saved me a lot of grief!
I must have got distracted by all the shinny objects and I was not able to remember that I was in a den of salesman.

cliffbig

Been here awhile...
Marietta, GA
While I've had nowhere nearly as severe a problem as you, I will have to agree that in the two occasions I've needed to call my Equus selling dealer regarding service issues, I've gotten sub-par responses. Whereas my Acura dealer (who is part of the same Ed Voyles family, oddly enough) was very responsive to a battery issue and took charge of getting the matter resolved immediately, my Hyundai rep was no help whatsoever and just told me to call the toll-free number. I was quite disappointed with the service. On another occasion, I asked him if I should set up an appointment for an oil change (I have less than 5K miles on the car, but I bought it on 1/4/11, so it's over a year old... we just don't drive a lot) based on the time period, and he pretty much ignored the question initially, then told me "the car will let you know when it needs an oil change."

talltom

To; cliffbig,
You said that you do not drive the car much. My guess is you will have more battery issues, as you know everything on your Ultimate uses power. I have the Signature model and has a lot less items that use power, and I notice how quickly battery discharges.
You may want to check out some type of quick disconnect trickle charger for your car.
I know that I had a 1988 BMW 750 that I drove low miles and I had to have a quick disconnect trickle charger put on it or else every time that I would let it sit for a while the battery would be dead. You know what a pain it is to resetting everything after having to have the car jumped can be.

talltom

Today is the big day, after a two week wait, Hyundai's Equus Service Engineer is going to gaze upon my Equus today and lay his hands upon it.
With any luck He will be the one to repair the suspension system and then, I to will be able enjoy the wonderful ride of the Equus!

I will keep you posted on Hyundai continuing attempts to at trying to make my Equus work like everyone else's Equus.

Remember the more efficient they become at repairing my car the more experience they will have, when next it is your Equus that needs repaired.

cliffbig

Been here awhile...
Marietta, GA
I probably misphrased it; I drive the car frequently, I just don't drive it for any long distance. The car is driven 10 to 15 miles a day about five days a week. It doesn't make many long trips, however. According to every tech I've talked to, that should be plenty to keep the battery charged, since it's not sitting for more than 2 days without driving. The issue I had related to an interior light that didn't turn itself off, so the battery ran down; I had it verified that it was just a one-time glitch, since I hadn't changed interior lighting settings, etc. Hasn't occurred since then.