Convince me to buy a GV70

Sox

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Thanks, dwalme. The problem is that Lincoln/Ford does not allow 3rd party selling of your leased vehicle. So I might just have to let the dealer pocket the equity in order to get me into a new vehicle if that is what it takes.

Still not certain this dealership will get me out 7 months early. Will let everyone know if they do.
I had 5 months left on a Lincoln lease. First, I negotiated that into my GV70 purchase. I was waffling on the deal because of those five payments, so Genesis ended up paying me for the five remaining months. Then I took the Lincoln to the local Lincoln dealer and they also paid my remaining five months, my full buyout, and $4,000 extra.

Platinum Jeweler

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
,,,,,,and genesis do not hold there value good at all now ,,,maybe down the road ,,,,lexus really holds there value ,,,

Interesting, do Genesis's hold their value? The sedans probably wouldn't especially since there in a slow selling market. But I wonder on the SUV's, they are in the nations hot market segment. My guess they won't be any worse than all other SUV's.

My Lexus LX held its value well, but considering how rare they were its not surprising. My RX 350 depreciated just like all other SUV's once mileage gets up there and they are much more common.

My Porsche Macan Turbo lost 50% value in 6 years and only had 29000 miles and never seen snow, that really hurt. And once one figures cost of ownership in yearly maintenance, Yikes! And Porsche has great reliability, it all comes down to what one wants.

69AlfaNut

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Yes, the 2022 Lexus is going to be very difficult to nab. I have 7 months to do it so I am not worried if I go that route instead of Genesis.

So, you own a Lexus? Which vehicle/year? How does it ride? Sounds like it has been working out very well for you.
Why is the 2022 NX going to be hard to get? Lexus is already advertising teasers. I think people are underestimating how good the tech in the 2022 is going to be. Much is similar to the the GV70. On the plus side, it is slightly smaller (especially shorter) - good for those with tight apartment parking spaces or small garages. Also, I have found the 2021 NX seats amazingly comfortable. On the minus side, it will have less cargo area behind the rear seat and will probably be not as good a ride due to the shorter wheelbase. I’m driving a 2002 SC430 and I must say, the car is like new with 135k miles and the Mark Levinson sound system is amazing. I think the 2022 NX will be very compelling.

Dunbar

Registered Member
Why is the 2022 NX going to be hard to get? Lexus is already advertising teasers.

New cars in general are hard to get at a reasonable price. Throw in a major refresh like the 2022 NX and it gets that much harder.

mikemu30

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
i read the 22 nx is really going to be hard to get,,,,,,,and genesis do not hold there value good at all now ,,,maybe down the road ,,,,lexus really holds there value ,,,i'm in same boat gas mileage and holding value ,,,,have lexus now ...4th one never took any in for service for something wrong
Lexus bullet proof reliability. That's why they stage their tech one step behind the competition.

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Why is the 2022 NX going to be hard to get? Lexus is already advertising teasers. I think people are underestimating how good the tech in the 2022 is going to be. Much is similar to the the GV70. On the plus side, it is slightly smaller (especially shorter) - good for those with tight apartment parking spaces or small garages. Also, I have found the 2021 NX seats amazingly comfortable. On the minus side, it will have less cargo area behind the rear seat and will probably be not as good a ride due to the shorter wheelbase. I’m driving a 2002 SC430 and I must say, the car is like new with 135k miles and the Mark Levinson sound system is amazing. I think the 2022 NX will be very compelling.
nx is based on rav4 try to find a rav4 prime ,,,,won't happen

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Lexus bullet proof reliability. That's why they stage their tech one step behind the competition.
good point,,,,they make sure they get it right ,,,,,some of there interiors seem outdated ,,,they stay the same for years,,,,on forth lexus colors are same as my first one

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
how many of you have black ???? red interior ????

Davep

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
This is a very bad time to buy a vehicle for anyone considering going electric.

So much so, many people revert back to gas or hybrid.

Electric vehicles are still in their infancy and not refined. Give it another 5 years. I don’t even think the Genesis electric vehicles being introduced next year are going to move the needle.

My only concern about owning the GV70 is the price of filling up the gas tank.
We have the 3.5T Sport Advanced and have had zero issues. We’re averaging around 26.6 MPG combined and as high as 31.9 on one trip, so no problem with gas mileage either. Gas mileage depends on a lot of things, such as aggressiveness, amount of city driving, etc.. absolutely love this car. Don’t know of any other SUV in it‘s class that can compete on an OVERALL basis.

Sara

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hello everyone!

I am nearing the end of a lease on a 2019 Lincoln MKZ hybrid.

I have been looking at vehicles for months and my two top choices right now are a loaded 2022 Lexus NX Hybrid (which are not available as of yet) or a loaded top-trim Genesis GV70.

Both vehicles will come in around the same price. I suspect Lexus will be a few thousand less. I know the top-trim Genesis Prestige Sport is about $64k.

I think the Genesis GV70 is the more impressive vehicle. Very tech-heavy.

My concern is gas mileage. The GV70, with its engine and demand for premium gas is going to give me approx. 14 MPG less mileage than the Lexus Hybrid.

The Genesis absolutely looks like the more fun ride as well as the bigger head-turner. I just wish it had wireless Apple CarPlay and digital rearview mirror but that’s not a deal-breaker.

So, two questions…

First, is everyone here really happy with their Genesis GV70? Has it been the best vehicle you have ever driven?

As far as depreciation value (hoping to trade it in down the road), do you suspect Genesis will hold its value like a Lexus does?
I have owned 3 Lexus' mine were the RX350. While I never had any trouble with them BUY THE GV70! The GV70 has so much more room than the NX. I love my GV70 more each time I drive it. It has so many fun features and looks amazing on the road. It can even back itself out of a parking space! While I have nothing bad to say about Lexus, I can promise you won't be disappointed with the GV70.

mikemu30

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
good point,,,,they make sure they get it right ,,,,,some of there interiors seem outdated ,,,they stay the same for years,,,,on forth lexus colors are same as my first one
That's okay - better than repeated trips to the dealer for warranty issues.

Backslack

Registered Member
nx is based on rav4 try to find a rav4 prime ,,,,won't happen
You do know the NX has multiple engine configurations, right? RAV-4 is the best-selling compact SUV in the U.S. so to claim that it doesn't sell in large numbers is ludicrous.

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I had 5 months left on a Lincoln lease. First, I negotiated that into my GV70 purchase. I was waffling on the deal because of those five payments, so Genesis ended up paying me for the five remaining months. Then I took the Lincoln to the local Lincoln dealer and they also paid my remaining five months, my full buyout, and $4,000 extra.

I am not getting that kind of offer and I have talked to a few Genesis dealers already.

Would this work?...

I have 7 months left on my Lincoln lease. The buyout is $29,0000

I go to Lincoln, I give them $29,000 for the car.

I then go to Genesis and see if they will buy the car I now own for that amount.

(Actually I would have to talk to Genesis first to see if they agree on that price before I sell back to Lincoln).

The price of my buyout is in accordance with the Blue Book value. I checked on that.

dwalme

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am not getting that kind of offer and I have talked to a few Genesis dealers already.

Would this work?...

I have 7 months left on my Lincoln lease. The buyout is $29,0000

I go to Lincoln, I give them $29,000 for the car.

I then go to Genesis and see if they will buy the car I now own for that amount.

(Actually I would have to talk to Genesis first to see if they agree on that price before I sell back to Lincoln).

The price of my buyout is in accordance with the Blue Book value. I checked on that.

Go here and get a quote from Vroom. This will give you an idea of what your car is worth. Vroom will likely offer you from 2-5k more than any dealership will.

Just enter your VIN or license plate number and fill out what options your vehicle has. You will either get a quote right at the end or within a few hours via e-mail.

You already know your buyout is $29k so its simple math once you know what your car is worth.

NJRonbo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Go here and get a quote from Vroom. This will give you an idea of what your car is worth. Vroom will likely offer you from 2-5k more than any dealership will.

Just enter your VIN or license plate number and fill out what options your vehicle has. You will either get a quote right at the end or within a few hours via e-mail.

You already know your buyout is $29k so its simple math once you know what your car is worth.

Thank you for that. What a great resource. Actually went almost $2k above my payout amount.

ottawa

Registered Member
Ottawa ON
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You do know the NX has multiple engine configurations, right? RAV-4 is the best-selling compact SUV in the U.S. so to claim that it doesn't sell in large numbers is ludicrous.
I read it the other way around, that the RAV4 hybrid can't be found because it's so popular not because it didn't sell.

Also OP is comparing GV70 to NX hybrid, don't know if there's >1 engine for those.

Backslack

Registered Member
I read it the other way around, that the RAV4 hybrid can't be found because it's so popular not because it didn't sell.

Also OP is comparing GV70 to NX hybrid, don't know if there's >1 engine for those.
RAV4 Hybrid is not the RAV4 Prime. Prime is a PHEV, and they can't make more of it because of limited lithium ion battery supply. The regular RAV-4 Hybrid uses old-school nickel-hydride batteries. Thus, the RAV4 Hybrid is easy to find like every other Toyota hybrid.

Likewise, the NX Hybrid isn't using the Prime drivetrain but the standard hybrid drivetrain, which are a dime a dozen.

average joe

Registered Member
Interesting, do Genesis's hold their value? The sedans probably wouldn't especially since there in a slow selling market. But I wonder on the SUV's, they are in the nations hot market segment. My guess they won't be any worse than all other SUV's.

My Lexus LX held its value well, but considering how rare they were its not surprising. My RX 350 depreciated just like all other SUV's once mileage gets up there and they are much more common.

My Porsche Macan Turbo lost 50% value in 6 years and only had 29000 miles and never seen snow, that really hurt. And once one figures cost of ownership in yearly maintenance, Yikes! And Porsche has great reliability, it all comes down to what one wants.
Heard Porsche have a lot of oil leaks in Macan and Cayenne. Also heard that a brake job runs $2,500!

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
just drove a gv70 ,,,,sport prestige package,,,you do feel the bumps not a super smooth ride ,,,,,must be the low profile tires ,,,my 21 subaru outback rides way smoother ,,,,,have lexus es also ,,,,,i might be spoiled with ride comfort

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners