cost to repair --

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hah! I just got an estimate from my body shop and it'll be over $6k to fix my car properly. Rear ended as well, lol

yeah mine estimate was $7,200 but as they are tearing down it might be more. that rear bumper has a set of sensors and arrays for the sonar blind spot, cross traffic, parking, and auto open trunk that run over $3K

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Interesting article, and I can say that I am seeing this with the repair of my G80. Rear Bumper is $600-$700, but with all the electronics it comes out over $3,000,

This Kia Costs $34,000 to Repair and It's Not Alone
Mine looked to be to be a $500 job so I figured about $5000. Not sure where it ended up, but body shop figured $5700 and insurance adjuster was $4500 and neither included the AEB system not working.

Car got fixed, looks perfect so I don't care about how they got paid. It did cost me a few bucks for the rental as the insurance money only covered enough for a tricycle so I upgraded.

tomwho7

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Interesting article, and I can say that I am seeing this with the repair of my G80. Rear Bumper is $600-$700, but with all the electronics it comes out over $3,000,

This Kia Costs $34,000 to Repair and It's Not Alone
I smashed the driver's side mirror on my G90, $1,400. My favorite Hyundai service guy was shocked. He said about 3 or $400 for the cars he usually sees. Of course I could put some of those cars in my trunk :}

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.