Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Saw this
Hyundai reportedly eyeing a takeover of FCA

The CEO of Hyundai Motor Group plans to launch a takeover bid for Fiat Chrysler ahead of the planned retirement of FCA Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne next spring, Asia Times reports, citing unnamed sources close the situation. CEO Chung Mong-koo will wait for an expected decline in the Italian-American automaker's shares to make his move.

Hyundai isn't commenting on the rumors, unsurprisingly, but would presumably stand to benefit by gaining Chrysler's dealer network and the lucrative Jeep brand and probably Ram, too. Autoblogalso sought comment from FCA representatives in Auburn Hills.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
oh good lord, if that happens I'll sell my G80 and never look back, I will never own another Chrysler or anything they are related to.

omegafiler

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Big mergers and acquisitions such as that are seriously distracting for all involved. Sounds good on paper, but it takes a long time to reap the benefits. Assuming it's executed effectively. They could just keep the companies operating mostly separate, snag a few things here and there, guiding them as they see fit, etc.

Yet chances are, they'd want to work toward a more single/global company with shared resources for cost savings and such. And that can go very wrong, very easily.

Not to mention FCA doesn't exactly have the best track record for reliability. That's a huge detractor for the brand. Even though that hasn't hurt Jeep or RAM too much. And I do like their vehicle designs with rear-drive bias V8's.

Who knows... we'll see.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Title should read "Will the next Fiat be a Hyundai". I seriously doubt that if Hyundai takes over FCA that they would dump all their technology to use FCA technology. We had a service adviser working for us, who's grandfather owned the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership next door to us. He would even admit that Chrysler products are the biggest pieces of crap out there.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Would the pope ride in a Hyundai?
Already has.

Pope Francis added a converted Santa Fe Sport to the Vatican fleet in 2015.

And when he visited Korea, rode in a Kia Soul.

Gotta respect a Pope who isn't into all the bling and material things as has been accustomed to a man of his position.

Thread starter #7

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Recent news is Hyundai is saying they are not doing anything with FCA. Not the first time there have been denials of mergers, so we'll just have to wait and see.

tomwho7

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Saw this

The CEO of Hyundai Motor Group plans to launch a takeover bid for Fiat Chrysler ahead of the planned retirement of FCA Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne next spring, Asia Times reports, citing unnamed sources close the situation. CEO Chung Mong-koo will wait for an expected decline in the Italian-American automaker's shares to make his move.

Hyundai isn't commenting on the rumors, unsurprisingly, but would presumably stand to benefit by gaining Chrysler's dealer network and the lucrative Jeep brand and probably Ram, too. Autoblogalso sought comment from FCA representatives in Auburn Hills.
Friend of mine in high school had a Fiat. The driver door fell off it.

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
Saw this

This might be the, marriage made in heaven with Fiat sales going in the toilet and the new Genesis brand going there as well. What the hell is wrong with Genesis? I have yet to see an ad for the brand and it will soon be 2 years old! Truly a novel brand marketing strategy!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.