Cowtown's G70

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well following Beefer's lead figured I'd update as well. Just today ran through the credit app on my G70 order. Gave Kia one last shot at trying to beat them but the value is too hard to meet for sure, closest they came was $80 more a month. Anyways here is what I ordered.

3.3T Dynamic AWD in Mallorca blue with Caramel Brown interior. Only one left in Western Canada and while Vancouver is the port this one is sitting all the way up in Edmonton, likely a deal that fell through, so I have to wait for it to be transferred back, just waiting on an update on that, hopefully tomorrow.

If you've seen my other threads you know what came up in rates and rebates but here again for posterity.

$52,000 MSRP (Cdn)
-$1000 Loyalty incentive
-$1000 Dynamic/Prestige incentive
$3400 trade deficit on my '13 Hyundai Santa Fe
$53,400

Going on a 5 year lease @ 1.4%, payments will be about $647 a month cdn with tax, that number might adjust a bit for an accessory or whatever but that'll be what we hit.

Money down, $1000 for the online deposit. At time of pickup about $867 for first payment and the tax on the online deposit.

I've said it elsewhere this is big value for a car with kind of kit. 5 years total warranty and maintenance (in Canada) plus the valet stuff on top of the performance and feature content is awesome.

Also ordered a set of Michelin X-Ice 3 from the dealer, wheel locks and the trunk protector at 10% off their retail. Lastly a set of Mat Metrics sport series floor mats in Carbon & Gold with Black inserts. Check these guys out, way nicer and about $60 less than the Genesis all weather mats.

Attachments

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congratulations!
Why the deficit on your trade? High mileage on the Santa Fe?
Also did you look at TuxMat?

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nah legacy amount owing for dumping a previous Escape with transmission troubles early. Actually pretty reasonable mileage on our Santa Fe, just coming on 79k but out of warranty. Getting the benefit of not having to replace the all seasons on it, they are the original still so that's like saving a grand right there. ;-) Didn't see Tux Mats before, they look good but I'm digging the style on the Metrics ones.

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Haha! You're the one that bought that Dynamic that is sitting on my lot. ;) Congratulations -- I really like that color combo!

(Had two customers that were on that one you just bought that both switched to Mallorca Blue 3.3T Sports.)

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Haha! You're the one that bought that Dynamic that is sitting on my lot. ;) Congratulations -- I really like that color combo!

(Had two customers that were on that one you just bought that both switched to Mallorca Blue 3.3T Sports.)
Yep, glad they switched! ;-)

I'll add the young lady that helped me in your showroom when I was coming through for work was fantastic, she helped quite a bit with my decision. Just some feedback for you guys!

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
...Also ordered a set of Michelin X-Ice 3 from the dealer, wheel locks and the trunk protector at 10% off their retail. Lastly a set of Mat Metrics sport series floor mats in Carbon & Gold with Black inserts. Check these guys out, way nicer and about $60 less than the Genesis all weather mats.
^ congrats on the purchase. i also dealt with the Richmond GXM who was very good to work with.

i ordered the Mat Metrics but in Cubic Series. installed them last weekend. OE mats were way overpriced for what they are - and this is coming from a guy who has always preferred the OE accessories.

yes, that is a clutch pedal!

1541523600267.png

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congrats!!!!! Let’s race...who gets their’s first!!
I don't know I haven't harassed the brand as much, they may put some more heat on your order to get it to you sooner. :-D

I'm hoping end of next week, I have out of town travel in the middle of the week the next few so that'll kill any earlier deliveries.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ congrats on the purchase. i also dealt with the Richmond GXM who was very good to work with.

i ordered the Mat Metrics but in Cubic Series. installed them last weekend. OE mats were way overpriced for what they are - and this is coming from a guy who has always preferred the OE accessories.

yes, that is a clutch pedal!

View attachment 16391
Those look great! And you sir are brave with that clutch pedal in Vancouver traffic. ;-) I think the clutch is probably better than my 96 Cobra though.

I actually ended up being assigned to the Boundary Genesis when I reached out initially. They've been really good as well.

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yep, glad they switched! ;-)

I'll add the young lady that helped me in your showroom when I was coming through for work was fantastic, she helped quite a bit with my decision. Just some feedback for you guys!
Thank you for the feedback! Do you remember her name or physical appearance? That way I can let her know.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm terrible with names unfortunately. She was younger, shorter with dark hair. If I recall I think of Asian descent. It would have been Wednesday Oct 24th mid afternoon if that helps at all. Again super accommodating, great service!

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Still waiting on the final date for delivery but looks like next Friday is most likely, car has arrived in Vancouver at this point and the last of the accessories will be in by Wednesday. Also chatting with my mom today she suggested I ask about family discounts through Genesis as she is a controller for a Hyundai dealership up North. As it turns out Genesis does carry that through and we're receiving an additional $3000 off the car! Great stuff, super pleased! Glad I asked as it's taking a great chunk off the monthly payments.

That basically wipes out our trade in deficit and with the other incentives we get the winters and accessories for free, too cool! Price is now 47k + tax cdn with the family, loyalty and Dynamic discounts. Now $589 a month taxes in on my lease.

1541893051502.png

Last edited: