CPO Genesis Financing Rate

Genboy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a 15/16 CPO Genesis sedan and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the interest rate they got from Hyundai Motor Finance recently. I do have a 750+ credit score and would qualify as a well qualified buyer but just wanted to get an insight of what some of your rates were before I tell them to run my credit again.

Ell Y

Registered Member
NYC Boroughs
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
2015 CPO 3.8 HTRAC

5.9% interest rate, 72 month term
815 credit score.

they said used cars have far higher interest rates
i took the loan home and paid the full balance in less than two months. no thank you

hope this helps

GMonee16

Registered Member
Elizabethtown, KY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a 15/16 CPO Genesis sedan and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the interest rate they got from Hyundai Motor Finance recently. I do have a 750+ credit score and would qualify as a well qualified buyer but just wanted to get an insight of what some of your rates were before I tell them to run my credit again.
They can go as low as they want. Any bank might go as low as about 3% right now. Genesis Finace USA gave me 0.9. Tell them how much you want to pay for the car (total price) and how much you want to pay monthly and the amount of months. So do your own math online (loan calculator) and ask them that if they can make that happen then they got a deal.

GMonee16

Registered Member
Elizabethtown, KY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
2015 CPO 3.8 HTRAC

815 credit score.

i took the loan home and paid the full balance in less than two months. no thank you

hope this helps
Mine was new, so there might be a difference. However, I told them the terms I wanted and asked if they could make it happen, and they did.

Genboy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Ell Y, I'm thinking of doing the same thing tbh by paying it as quick as possible. I expected around 2% for the rate but you getting almost 6% with such a high credit score would definitely be an issue with me. Well, I may as well wait till Feb and see if there is a promotional rate for CPO anytime soon. Any other responses are also appreciated. Thanks GMonee16 for your input.

Genboy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
2015 CPO 3.8 HTRAC

815 credit score.

hope this helps
If you don't mind me asking, what was the out the door price?

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I got 3.99% rate on a 2015 CPO car . However they did not give me via Hyundai Finance - said thats for new cars , and dealership gave via Wells Fargo.

Genboy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm looking into that option as well, however I am inclined to finance through Hyundai due to me turning in my current lease and getting the disposition fee waived ($400).

Ell Y

Registered Member
NYC Boroughs
Genesis Model Type
If you don't mind me asking, what was the out the door price?
I opted for their platinum level of CPO Wrap on my tech package with 26k miles, so I think my total out the door price with taxes was around 31000. Other owners have posted better deals, but I had to consider my opportunity costs with driving hundreds of miles and scouring dealer inventories. Also, being in NYC, I did not want to purchase a vehicle driven on these mean potholed streets. So I made sure to choose only dealers that were nearby in NJ, CT, or PA. And I had the dealer pull up the service history for me.

I think I put 10k down. Paid off the rest within two months without a prepayment penalty. I financed through Hyundai Motor Finance, hoping it would get me a better deal. I only got 1k off their CPO price on website though, so maybe not.

Genboy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I opted for their platinum level of CPO Wrap on my tech package with 26k miles, so I think my total out the door price with taxes was around 31000. Other owners have posted better deals, but I had to consider my opportunity costs with driving hundreds of miles and scouring dealer inventories. Also, being in NYC, I did not want to purchase a vehicle driven on these mean potholed streets. So I made sure to choose only dealers that were nearby in NJ, CT, or PA. And I had the dealer pull up the service history for me.

I think I put 10k down. Paid off the rest within two months without a prepayment penalty. I financed through Hyundai Motor Finance, hoping it would get me a better deal. I only got 1k off their CPO price on website though, so maybe not.
Thanks for the reply. By any chance how much was the CPO wrap? I'm planning to get the 10years/100000miles but I have heard of prices anywhere between 1.5k to 3k. Also, thanks for the heads up, going to make sure to avoid NYC cars.

crizzlec

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I negotiated CPO 10yr/100k mi wrap on my '15 3.8 AWD Ultimate to $1465ish. I'd have to check my paperwork for specifics.

Genboy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I negotiated CPO 10yr/100k mi wrap on my '15 3.8 AWD Ultimate to $1465ish. I'd have to check my paperwork for specifics.
Perfect just wanted a brief idea of what it'll be. Just hope I'll be able to work a deal shortly with them.